Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Loving the Lexus
By lexus_newby

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the HS for two weeks now. I enjoy the quality of the car. I ordered the base model instead of the premium model. The leather seats are not perforated and tend get you hot. The seats are perforated and would keep you cooler. The base model also does not have the ability to retain the seat position, if you have more than one drive you may need this. If I had to do it again I would purchase the premium model. There is virtually no storage the large manual takes up 75% of the glove compartment and the middle console is extremely small. It may sound like I have a lot of complaints but the car is the best car I've owned. Love the drive, interior most everything. Getting 35+ city/Hiway.

Favorite Features

The computer and mouse like functions. Great interior.

Suggested Improvements

More storage. Perforated seats on base model and seat memory function.

Excellent balance of tech and elegance
By Chilango

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Camry Hybrid Special 50th Anniversary Edition, which had a lot of luxury and high tech features. This Lexus has all that but in a better designed package and it's more fun to drive. It feels more "European", tighter and more solid than the Camry, better handling, brakes and a zippier response and torque. The console is a triumph of ergonomic design and aesthetics. It has more trunk space than the Camry,and a better, stiffer suspension. So far, I'm very satisfied with it and also saving money because of the special December deals at Lexus!

Favorite Features

The navigation console and the mouse, the iPod USB, the Bluetooth phone system, the comfortable seats, the large trunk and the great visibility. The quick-responding brakes, the smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

More storage areas, like a small drawer for the change.

How to combine a hybrid and luxury car
By Steve

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove other hybrid sedans before buying this Lexus. It is excellent because it has the fewest trade offs compared to most other hybrids with very comfortable seats front & back, an excellent radio, easy to reach and understand controls, a simple yet informative dash, high seating with good outside views, a luxury level climate system, and 32-38 mpg in most conditions. Acceleration and power are good but more pedal push is needed at times compared to gas cars. Steering is very responsive with good road feedback. I live in the hybrid eco mode with best mpg in normal driving. Power mode uses more gas with faster acceleration and is mostly not needed. Overall, you get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

Nice mpg in most conditions, very comfortable inside, easy to understand controls and informative dash system, good road feel and handling, eco hybrid mode is excellent, power mode gives energy boost when needed, optional trunk netting increases storage, very cool when engine is off at red lights.

Suggested Improvements

Power moon roof controls are awkward with wind noise when sunroof is tilted up. No thumb rests on steering wheel. Console cup holders awkward for cups with handles, ok without handles. Rear head rests do not fold down and cut some rear visibility. Carpet mats and heated seats should not be options.

Proud New Lexus Owner
By NorCal

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been a long time BMW fan (2 decades) and have recently picked up my new Lexus Hybrid. First off, I was very impressed with the Lexus service - from basic research, answering my questions, responsiveness, comfortable not overly aggressive sales people. The new hybrid drives very smooth, quiet and I love the interior design. I have much more room, storage space than the BMW 325i. The gas mileage has been great so far. I'm happy to have chosen the Lexus over the other hybrids (like the Altima).

35 mpg in Style
By dochs

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our third Lexus, and with 900 miles on this one, could not be more satisfied. Car is quite, comfortable, and solid. I am averaging 35 mpg, and I like the fact we can use regular gas. The Lexus navigation and Lexus Connect is well worth the money. Call Lexus Connect in the car, ask for any destination and they will send the address directly to your GPS.

Favorite Features

Navigation System, Lexus Connect, 35mpg

Suggested Improvements

No Rain sensing windshield wipers on the base model. Come on Lexus, my 2004 RX330 had them as standard equipment.