1995 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Review: My '95 Lexus ES 300

1995 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Review

My '95 Lexus ES 300
By Eddie C. on

1995 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I've been wanting a Lexus ES 300 for a while and finally got one. These cars are great and drive like an absolute dream! Extremely quiet, too. They are based on the Toyota Camry and share engines & some parts. My ES 300 had 130k when I bought it and has been kept up pretty well. Typical mechanical issues with it have been a slow leak in the A/C, and I think a minor oil leak. Also the power antenna motor needed replacement. Cosmetically these ES 300s are notorious for having the lights in the instrument cluster burn out, making it hard (and impossible at night) to see certain gauges. Also the air vents are easily breakable, so be gentle when adjusting them. Still, a wonderful car!

The way it drives, comfort, quietness & smoothness, the electroluminescent gauges (when working), styling inside and out, Lexus prestige.

Dashboard lights should have been made differently to last longer. A lot of things in this car seem very compact for its size and class, i.e. the center air conditioning vents. The radio and A/C knobs are identical and next to each other, making it confusing at times to operate them. That's about it.