2011 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Review: CT Finally Arrives

2011 Lexus CT 200h Hatchback - Consumer Review

CT Finally Arrives
By dgstan on

2011 Lexus CT 200h Premium 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Believe it or not, I've been waiting for this car for about 18 months. Originally, it was considered a "future concept vehicle", so I never really expected it to become a reality. As I racked up miles on my 2005 Prius, I patiently followed this Lexus dream to it's fruition. I find the CT sporty, plush, and quite attractive. At some levels, it does feel somewhat cobbled together (no rear seat cupholders? Really?), but even a cobbled-together Lexus is still a Lexus. The seats are a dream. The interior cabin is well thought-out and you don't sit there wishing they did things differently (other than the missing cupholders). The more I play with the car, the more it surprises me.

- Bluetooth Audio that allows me to stream Pandora from my iPhone to the stereo. - The low profile that makes even the most sedate lane-changes seem sporty. - The cabin reflects the true Lexus level of quality. This is not some re-badged Prius. - Regular gas is recommended. A first for Lexus. - Real-world MPG has me above 40 MPG - another first for Lexus.

- Obviously, cupholders in the back seat. - More storage space. - Lexus dealers need to become more familiar with the type of individual who is interested in this car. All the salespeople I dealt with seemed used to a different (i.e. older) type of buyer.