There and back again, Safety First!
By DRKMUSE on
2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD
Bought this car new and have put the majority of the miles on it in adverse weather conditions, in the Teton, Sawtooth and Wind River Mountains. It has always taken my family and I along with all of our kit AnyWhere that we wanted to go. Often past the marks where other trucks had stopped to turn around. Eventually I passed it onto my son and he flipped it upside down in to a 6' drop with three passengers. No injuries. The integrated roll bar protected the cab from collapse with only minor structural damage. This is a fantastic rig if you need to know that you will push the limits and return unscathed...
Favorite Features
Traction control and gearing. I have taken this rig down a motocross trail on the side of a canyon wall, waved at the bike riders and driven back up again. All in comfort and with a fantastic ride. Likewise I continue to pull much larger vehicles out of the snow every winter on ice covered roads.
Suggested Improvements
I added a slightly stiffer suspension and an ARB bumper to house the winch in. The original tire options also fell short of the conditions that we normally experience.