1996 Kia Sephia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sephia model:
1996 Kia Sephia LS, Manual, A/C, Powered
By Driven 25,000km,148K on 01/17/10 02:47 AM (PST)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Excellent car for a late 1990's model. 1996 received excellent reviews (looking online). This vehicle is well built, repairs are inexpensive (in Korea), the built is solid. For $320 I bought a vehicle driven 25,000km over the past 1.5 hours without a breakdown. Quality build tested on rough Korean roads intercity and highway driving. Weakness: curling dashboard, radio electronic problems, replaced drive shaft, ball joints, front brakes, master clutch cylinder, 1 front strut, 4 (new) recycled new tires ($80!). Very dependable and a little hard to get rid of really. Save money, this is a good one if mechanically maintained. Thx.

Owner
By Greatfoo on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

The car has proven to be dependable with limited problems. Fuel cell or computerized fuel system has to be repaired as did the hydraulic clutch. Next will be the timing belt. It has been a very good car and has needed only basic maintenance and clutch hydraulics.

Good car just hard to find parts
By lemichaelj on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I own 2 Kia Sephia's they both are good cars one a 95' and one a 96' almost the same except one is a stick shift, only problem with them that I see on all kia's is the axle shafts only last about 75000 miles hard to find parts for these jokers too, but they are relativly good cars for the value, I have had no major mechanical problems with either one of mine, the 95 Air went out just a month ago and is expensive to replace car isn't worth it. but drives like a champ, like I said just hard to get parts for them but if you search hard enough you can find them.

Lou's Review
By Louis E. Niedermeier on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I haven't had too many problems with the Kia Saphia other than the engine light tends to go on if you accelerate too fast with it... I have beaten a Ford Mustang with it, Acura Integras, Honda Accords, and Honda Civics. Now if you don't think thats all that great, well, the car is all stock. If you buy one of these im sure you will be pleased.

It's not your normal kia
By Eladio on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

Well at first i had some problems but i decided that i wanted to street race in this car so i rebuild my motor with some performance parts and it has worked out great. I put aluminium pistons with aluminium rings, the block was cut by 20 plus some more modifications, right now it did about a 15.1 on the 1/4 so its pretty good.

Cheap little sporty sedan
By colbywan on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Took a gamble when my '83 Accord gave up in late '96 and bought a Sephia LS. With the exception of a "Check Engine" light at 6,000 miles, it has been trouble-free, reliable and sporty transportation ever since. It performs just as well now with over 160,000 miles on the clock as it did when it was new, the paint still looks nice, and the styling is not yet obsolete. For what I paid ($12K), I feel I got a lot of bang for the buck.

Alright
By Joebob99 on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

This is my second car and I bought it two days ago and already the check engine light came up. I mean its only a 96 there should be anyhting wrong with it already I mean there is only 55,000 miles on it. But other than that its been alright its sort of noisy.

Ilove kias
By locky on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Very good auto for a very good price

I wouldn't do it again!
By gholt on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

As of this date, the car has 34k miles on it and has about that many pieces of paper from the dealerships that serviced it for one problem or another. I wish I could find someone to buy this garbage heap from me.

Everything Rattles
By jpass12 on 03/06/02 21:20 PM (PST)

1996 Kia Sephia Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 1996 and has 65k miles on it. The engine is great, it is very fast, if not, tell those Civic EX drivers behind my tail. That's about all I can say in the positive side. Everything else, rattles, squeeks, vibrates or comes apart. This car drives very rough, even on good pavement. The seats are not confortable and the a/c is not very cold. You may ask, Why I still have the car? Well, I have nobody foolish enough to buy the thing.