2012 Kia Sedona Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
car good, factory? sleazy option packages
By buzzk on 01/22/14 20:27 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we drove several of these til the dealer came up with the colors my wife wanted; on a blustery crosswind day, we compared Sedona to the 4 & 6 cylinder Siennas & the Oddysy in a 6+ mile run on I-70 & a winding, hilly no-shoulder 2-lane. the Sedona & Toyotas were very good & close, the Honda conspicuously less controllable in the twistys & harder to keep in a straight line in freeway crosswinds. We now have 20k on the car & changed to a decent tire-Cooper CS4 at 15k. Drives beautifully. OTOH the autolock/unlock is an idiotic security nightmare, hoodlums will love it, you are a sitting duck when you park

Good Mini Van
By prodriver82 on 02/12/13 18:38 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not a soccer mom writing this review. After reading reviews for several mini van makers, and having a friend who just retired a Kia Rio with 346,200 miles on it, that swayed me to the Kia Sedona. Yea, its not a Honda or a Toyota. But it is a surprisingly great family ride. I'm only sorry that Kia has decided to make 2012 the final year for production for the Sedona.

Great buy
By dcbrown on 10/02/12 08:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a 71 year old I never thought that I would own a mini-van. But three grandchildren under 4 and a 96 year old mother-in-law changed all that. So I went shopping in late '11 dead set on getting an Oddysey. Reality set in quickly as price and an unwillingness of four Honda dealerships to deal eliminated that choice. And lucky that was for I had a blast shopping around - something I had not needed to do for my previous five cars. My final choice was an easy one spurred by a great deal, friendly dealership, and fully loaded Kia Sedona at about 12k less than the desired Oddysey. It is now ten months and almost 20k miles into the vehicle and I love it.

Don't buy this car unless you are sure!!!!!
By abeinoregon on 04/05/12 10:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The quality of this car is much worse than I expected. Seat material is thin, electronics unresponsive and unpredictable and the brakes are a safety hazard Kia will not own up to. They allow small pebbles from the road to get into the calipers and impede proper braking application. They call this an environmental situation and will not address it as a design flaw. The dealer won't fix it on his dime either. I have only 1800 miles on the car and it has been in twice for repairs. I live on a paved road! I can't afford to keep paying for brake repairs. Be ready for some disappointments if you buy this car and have previously owned a quality built vehicle,

2012 Sedona
By 2012sedona on 01/22/12 13:59 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 2011 Soul for this Sedona. The soul was a great little car but it was difficult for us to get in and out especially with artificial knees. We absolutely love our Sedona, we have the power package on it which gives you a lot of extras. We average round about driving 23-24 mpg. Not as good as the soul but it sure is a lot easier to get in and out of. The engine is very powerful and will throw you in the back seat if you kick the gas. It has a six speed transmission and we don't even feel it shift. At seventy mph it runs around 1600-1700 rpms. That in itself saves the engine greatly over times. With GM, and Ford quit making vans you only have a very few choices. Love it.

WHAT THE BLEEP HAPPEND TO THE MPG ?!!?!
By amfrost on 11/05/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The sticker states that this minivan get 18 city and 25 hwy, which I expected after purchasing the vehicle. After 2 months and over 1200 miles the best I've been able to get out of it is 16.5 MPG. For a 21.1 size gallon tank, I become extremely aggravated when I can't even drive 300 miles before I'm in need of a fill up. I felt that this was a rock solid value when I purchased it. Everything else about the van meets or exceeds my expectations. But if I wanted such horrendous gas mileage performance I should have just purchased an SUV!

Good Minivan for the Price
By rob_longisland on 08/29/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A good basic minivan. I was looking for a basic family transportation vehicle which I plan to drive till it drops, so trade in value is not a huge thing for me. I'm hoping to get the car up and over 150k miles during my time of ownership. The Kia fit the bill perfectly. My dealership was very fair and upfront with all the numbers. Nothing was hidden and everything was clearly explained. Received great financing at 2.9% for 60 months and substantial rebates as well. I was also able to negotiate the price of the vehicle close to the invoice price. Overall I got a vehicle at a price that could not be matched by any of the competitors for the same equipment level by thousands of dollars.

Good car
By jstiff on 05/26/11 21:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought it and traded in a 09 Suburu Forester. The KIA is bigger, more comfortable and holds more stuff with the seats folded. A lot more power and the 6 spd tranny is a big plus. We bought the basic EX model

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.