A great vehicle. One sweet ride!
By brandon72 on
2012 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I just dove this car over 200 miles between North and South Carolina using a combo of highway and city miles and got about 31.5 mpg. That's incredibly good, especially considering some of these annoying little small SC towns full of speed traps I had to go through. This is a gorgeous vehicle that is very roomy inside. I've had mine 7 days and love the car. The turbo works very well when you need it and there is an Eco option you can select to make gas mileage even better. (this somewhat inhibits turbo and is best used in town IMO)
Favorite Features
the features as others have said are o'plenty. Heated and cooled front seats, heated back seats, panoramoic, ie dual sunroof. The front sunroof will lift and pull away, the second is stationary. Cooled glove box for drinks(air conditioning vent actually inside the glove compt.) cruise, infinity surround. Blue tooth, mine has the UVO system. There is a jukebox feature where you can download mp3's to the cars memory. Rear back up camera. Leather interior with cloth sports trim. power everything. Sports pedals. Etc. Side mirrors can fold in.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing really jumps out as this car has so much. Maybe speakers could be a little louder, however a setting allows you to put sound in the front if you desire. KIA has raised the stakes with the Optima.
By dabs11
on 04/10/12 07:38 AM (PDT)

My new 2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo is getting only 17/18 mph. I have so far broken it in as the manual stated. Never going over 45/50 mph during the first 650 miles and only once after 1200 miles take it out on the highway and went up to 80mph for about 5/10 miles. It seams if I go over 40mph does the millage get better? Will it get better as time goes on and more miles are put on it? This car is according to the company is suppose to get approx 22mph in the city. I know that can very from car to car but I do not and have not abrused the car at all. I am due for my first oil change (3-mos) in about 3-wks and will address the dealer with this problem, if that will do any good?? Any suggestions will be very appreicated. thank you, Jim.............

By larry134
on 07/02/12 12:46 PM (PDT)

Jim it seems that most turbos are getting crappy mileage around town.