Used 2011 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Great Car 2011 EX Turbo fully loaded
By we_will_see

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This truly is a very nice car.
Is it perfect no but unless you want to spend $80,000 plus.
This car is a great value, have the premium package with nav etc.
Have had for over a month with 3,455 miles.
Took two trips with it one 2 hours one 6 hours and it drives great on the highway.
I got 34.8 mpg.
The front drivers seat is a little stiff and could use more padding and the ride is a little firm but you get use to it.
A bit to much plastic inside but over all it looks rather up scale.
Getting about 22 mpg in the city.
Dispite what I have read it's very quite and I don't hear the road noise from the tires.
The engine runs smooth, shifts smooth and it can move with the turbo.

Styling, Navigation, Cooled Seats, Panaramic Sun Roof. Really it's all pretty good. Very happy I bought it.

If they could just put a little more padding in the front seats and make the ride a little less firm they would have an amazing ride.

Greatest car on market!
By abc55

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

What can I say? I love my Optima LX 6AT.
It blows away any other Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy or Ford off the road. I looked and drove them all before buying.
Looks slick while it's doing it.
Quality abounds from interior, exterior to engine performance and MPG economy.
All the other car makers...watch out.
This is going to catch on in a big way.
Nobody can believe it is a KIA.
I'm getting 32-33 MPG on a twisty, turning, up and down road.
Electronic stability control is the best.

Acceleration Quietness on highway, Gas milage. The look of the front end! Warranty.

I'm 6' tall and need to duck my head to get in. Then it's fine. Small price to pay though for such a gem of a car.

Best Midsize Car for 2011 Update #2
By dankocke

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Left pull issue has not been resolved but Kia corporate is working the issue from all angles, though with no fix so far.
Took a 2000 mile trip last week from Missiouri to Florida.
Car is a very good travel car for long distances.
Gas mileage was not as good as expected but then again my average speed with A/C on was between 80 and 85 mph.
Gas mileage in these conditions hovered between 27 and 29 mpg.
This is inline with just about every other midsize car I've had as rental cars.
A/C does make a difference and speed over 75mph makes a big difference.
Otherwise the car is super quiet and had no rattles.

Navigation and Infinity Stereo is the best I've had. It sounds better than my dad's 2006 Mercedes E class. The Nav in this car is extremely easy to use and requires no pre-reading of instructions. The seats are on the harder side but feel good after 11 hours of driving.

Actual Gas mileage could be improved over what is written on the sticker. Though, the actual gas mileage is right on target with all other midsize cars out there. If you drive frugally and mostly highway you can get over 30mpg. At high speeds the car does use more gas than the comparable Honda or Toyota. However, Chevy, Mazda, Nissan are all in line with Kia on gas mileage. My neighbor does have a Sonata and he is getting better mileage than me. I've heard that from others as well. Still, this car looks like a million bucks and feels good as well.

Bought a 2011 SX fully equiped
By acerava

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2011 SX graphite color and everysingle day people are asking what is that "the new audi? the new infiniti? the new saab?". I love it! great pick up, quiet (not as loud as people exaggerate but I have the luxury wheels) i owned a 2002 nissan Altima and that was loud to me. There is zero complaints aside from the engin start in the mornings (I live in LA) its a bit loud but quiets after 10 seconds. I absolutly had to add the K5 leds in the front and man does it make a difference! Im still in awe over the car and I drove it 1600 miles already. I would have never bought a Kia in my life but after testing the C300 and audi A4 this had a lot more for the money. I did rebadge though for K5.

Cooled seats, panorama sun roof, back up camera, front LED lights (that you can get installed but they are OEM parts FYI). Auto everything, key less entry, HID lights, Back LED lights are beautiful, everything on the steering wheel, blue tooth...it goes on and I still cant believe I bought a KIA but man is it nice.

Have the front seats lower a bit more. Im 6'1 and have good head room but I wish I had the option for more. Replace the all plastic center council it just seems it could be a better quality/look. And the suspension is quite firm but not too bad.

Gas Mileage SUCKS!
By westca

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the EX Premium package and love the panoramic dual sunroof, heated steering wheel, colled and heated seats and the rest. The car does sound like a go-kart (as others have posted) and I am very upset with the 21 mpg (mostly hwy) gas mileage after 2000 miles. Dealer said I need to break it in more, yet I do not read that in the owner's manual and wish that was disclosed to me before my purchase!

Reading reviews it seems this low gas mileage is a common issue, and hopefully KIA or EPA will do something about it! False advertising and a lemon!

Nice european style. We would like the car if it had the invoiced gas mileage.

Truth in advertising. Nicer rims?