2011 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:
Kia Optima EX 2011
By wdhutch on 01/20/11 16:23 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

First noticed car at Boston Auto Show was able to test drive one there. Really enjoyed it and decided that this was the car to go with, had been looking at a couple of others but this car seems to have a lot of value for the money.

A dream to drive... love my Optima!
By trainer1366 on 01/11/11 17:17 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A Dark Cherry EX with the Premium package. It is taking me a while to get used to the length --I feel like I'm in a full size car. The car receives a lot of attention! Comments like, "What kind of sports car is this? Lexus IS, ES or Jag? Peter S. and the KIA design team dialed up the heat and produced the best looking sedan on the road. Hands down.

Test drive review
By canreda6 on 01/07/11 04:52 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been test driving the 2011 Sonata and Optima. Optima looks like an Infiniti or Audi and offers features the Sonata doesn't like hill start assist and dual exhaust on all trims. I am leaning towards the Optima and I really want to buy a manual trans, but Kia decided, in a truly bizarre move, to not allow you to get cruise control with the manual trans. Otherwise the car is excellent. Very good acceleration and you can't hear the valve train noise like you can on the Sonata which is nice. Also seems like the suspension is more upscale than the Sonata. No options allowed or a turbo with a manual trans?? Change the packaging and they would steal sales from BMW/Audi and others...

Champaign for beer price
By redswd on 12/25/10 03:48 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just got a new EX with Premium Pkg in Bronze Metal color. My first Kia after 6 Hyundai's ranging from Elantra to Sonata to Genesis 3.8. Has nearly every option the Genesis had and some it didn't like heated steering wheel and Panoramic Sunroof all wrapped in gorgeous Euro sheet metal for $12K less than a base Genny. Sure the cache' is not Genesis but I'm smiling all the way to the bank and the pump and giving nothing up in comfort and styling. When the turbo comes to market there will be nothing left to ask for!

Love this Car
By couyon on 12/21/10 05:06 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the EX with premium package. Can't believe everything this car offers for the money I paid. Just went over a 1000 miles and love everything so far. Read the car reviews complaing about the comfort of the seats but I have no complaints so far. True the leather seating is not as plush as some may prefer but it is not uncomfortable. I am 6ft 4in and weigh 275 and this car is very roomy. Car drives great and handling is crisp and precise. Wish the turbo would have come out a month sooner but this car has enough power for daily commuting.

Optimum Optima
By rockinrn on 12/12/10 13:54 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just picked up my new 2011 Kia Optima EX. It is Snow White Pearl with grey leather interior. After driving the car for a few days I can say that it is great value for the money with better than average performance. The six speed automatic shifts smoothly and quickly. The 200 HP four cylinder engine has performance that is adequate for all but the most speed obsessed driver. The car has an amazing amount of front leg room. My 6' 4" frame has room to spare and that is highly unusual in any car regardless of price. The fit and finish as well as the quality of the materials is top notch . Great car so far, but I still can't figure out the mood lighting in the armrests.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Optima Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*