2001 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Jeep Thoughts by Matt

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

Jeep Thoughts by Matt
By Matt376 on

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first SUV that I have purchased and was ecstatic to get it. It has a unique appeal and holds it own niche in the SUV market. It's a blast to drive and true that Chicks dig guys in Jeeps. The V-6 is powerful and responsive, though, would caution newcomers to the world of the Wrangler, that it takes a bit of getting used to the increased road noise. After adjusting, I feel like this is probably the best purchase I've made of the 5 cars I have owned. Basically, if you have been thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing one of these marvelous vehicles, get off your keester and do it

Favorite Features

Aside from the VERY EASY, 3 minute top down capabilities, the optional Subwoofer is a must if you remotely enjoy music. It's a world of difference. The oversized tire and wheel package have a nice finishing touch as well. The cousteous "Wrangler" wave form other owners is nice.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission chatter leaves a bit to be desired, but all in all it's negligible. Would be nice if there was an option in the climate control that allowed the AC to come out at foot level. Let me just say that I am now a regular at the local Texaco.