Loved my first one, just got another!
By C. Lively on
1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
In August of 1997 I bought my first Jeep (I was single at the time). I ordered it as a Sport model with the hard top. Just recently, I decided to purchase another 1998 Wrangler Sport (for my wife). The 4.0L is a must and the mileage is what you would expect from an SUV. We're married and looking to have kids soon. Mine is a workhorse, a joy rider and a daily to and from work vehicle. The TJ jeeps handle great with the new coil suspension. Something is to be said about a basic design and philosophy that has withstood an ever-changing automobile design market since the 1940's. As they say "Jeep, there's only one..."
Favorite Features
I love the versatility and the ease of maintenance. Like I said, the 4.0L is a must and the hard top option with full doors are especially nice in the cold winter months. This is a vehicle individuals can tailor to their wants and needs.
Suggested Improvements
There are a ton of after-market companies out there with anything available from accessories to full conversions; improvements are limitless. If you desire, even noise and ride comfort can be improved with what's available.