2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: High cabin noise

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

High cabin noise
By Dissatisfied on

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle two weeks ago. I was drawn to it by the exterior design. The price also seemed like a bargain. I went on a long trip this weekend and I noticed that the cabin noise was high at 60-65 miles/hr. The vehicle has poor insulation from road noise. I can hear the sound of my tires on the pavement. It also drowns out the the stereo system and ones conversation. Don't try using your cell phone either. You won't hear a thing. Also, a high RPM at speeds of 65 miles adds to the noise. The high cabin noise is such a major nuisance that I can't see myself driving it for another month. On Monday, I am going back to the dealership for a trade, or better yet go with another make.

The exterior design, the gas mileage, the roomy feel, the turning capability, the stereo system.

Reduce cabin noise level, improve blind spots, the cheap and hollow plastic needs to go.