I love my Jeep, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
By purpleman on
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I've read a lot of these reviews and most of the complaints are about the dealership's mistakes, not the vehicle itself. I honestly have nothing bad to say about my my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The 4.7 V8 gives me a lot of power, and the full time 4x4 gives me added traction in any situation. I bought it initially for $5900.00 from a retailer and put another $3000.00 in repairs into it, but since then it's just been regular maintenance and it runs beautifully. My one and only complaint is that the sound proofing could be better. Once you get it on the highway it drowns out the radio pretty easily. My jeep just rolled over 215,000k and it runs better than the day I bought it.
Favorite Features
4.7 V8 engine for added power, the full time 4x4 for the traction (although this will most likely cause more drivetrain issues down the road), the transmission is solid and I haven't had to touch it for any reason. The sound system was great, but when you have to compete with the wind sound on highways you might end up, oh, I don't know, blowing your front passenger side tweeter in the dash... cough cough... The axles on these guys are solid and so is the suspension. Brakes are great although they tend to slide ever so slightly after you wash the vehicle. In winter, all you need is a good set of winter tires (I have hakkapalitta studded 7s on mine) and you won't have to worry about sliding.
Suggested Improvements
Soundproofing. Really, that's my only complaint with this vehicle. And even then I'm getting a new sound system installed and won't have to worry about it after.