11 of 11 people found this review helpful
Fits my needs perfectly
By wmillonig on
2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
After 2 months and 2k miles, am ready to give you observations.
They're almost all good, I've been been very happy so far.
Fit & Finish is fine and I've had no issues at all during the break-in period.
I chose this over a comparably equipped 2012 Ford Escape.
Would I buy another someday?
Probably, but if they gave it better thigh support?
- Exterior Styling is terrific
- Love the touch screen
- The BA sound is much better than Escape's Sony
- Awesome rear seat leg room, I'm tall guy, but can set the driver's seat position for my self and still comfortably fit in the back.
- Rear seats fold nice and flat, it is narrower by about 2" than the Escape, but in the congested urban environment I live in, I have no trouble parking it.
- Have the tow package, gives me more towing capacity than just about any other 4cyl in its class
- Terrific ride, found it to be very responsive, good feel for the road, and takes the bumps well
- More than $3K cheaper than the Escape
Now the bad & the ugly.
- No thigh support for the seats, the seat bottoms are about 2 inches too short, they don't extend far enough toward your knees.
I got used to it, but it is the biggest shortcoming (remember, I'm 6'3" though)
- It is noisy, but the CVT quiets down after a few minutes.
I found the 4cyl Escape to be just as noisy though
- Had hoped for a little better mileage.
I can get the sticker (26 highway), but it drops quickly above about 65 mph.
Best I've been able to eke out in town is 19 (sticker was 21).