Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq on
2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)
This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!! I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them. The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles). These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!
Favorite Features
The style is still classic and gorgeous. I get stopped often, by people who just want to tell me how beautiful the car is. Even though the car is over 10 years old, people think it is new... now that is classic!
Suggested Improvements
Visibility is not good. Although I have rear sensors for parking lots, I think that the camera and sideview mirrors, "blindspot assist" lights (like I have on my '09 and '12 XF) are important and valuable features. Every car should have these safety features.