It's the experience
By jshrrh on
2006 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
Found my low-miles little old man owned black-on-black beauty. Drives like a dream, powerful, luxurious interior and a classic shape that makes a subtle statement that doesn't have to compete with the new swoosh shaped mobiles. The luxury for value of this slightly older car is amazing. Better still is the technology and appointments found in this car. Folks are astounded when I tell them that my 300 ponies in this extravagant car gain me 28+mpg on the highway... No need for an Optima. Jag can, and do it like no other. I compared Mercedes S500 (2005) when shopping and while I admire that car, its low fuel economy, complexity and lack of comparable character swing towards the Jag.
Favorite Features
All aluminum construction, leather and burled walnut interior, spacious yet comfortable and supportive seating, elegant styling, fuel economy, power, handling. The looks you get when you you pull up in it. Valet parking in Vegas is the best...
Suggested Improvements
Back-up camera. I have the Nav screen so it is possible and love my wife's back-up camera. This older car is without XM radio and we've grown to love XM. I have the blue-tooth but it only syncs to one phone at at time so wife and I can't just jump in and have it recognize either phone. I like the new keyless cars but the Jag key is very unique though you knee can hit it. Suspension repairs, the only real reliability issue with this car, can be expensive and are common... I'm hoping my low miles car won't fail for a while. Suspension could be a tad stiffer for handling (like the XJR is).