Used 2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:

2002 S Type
By BLONDDIE66

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2002 in 2005 with 29K miles. This was my 3rd Jaguar over a 25 year driving history. The 2 previous Jaguars (XJ6) had been purchased in the late 80s/early 90s (used) were nightmares. I owned 3 SUVs after the XJ6s. My S Type has given me few problems. It needed a tune up (1 coil pack went bad) after 100K miles, a couple of cracked vacuum lines and a cracked radiator overflow tank. I love the car, but I drive it like I drove my SUVs and it takes it. You can't beat the interior luxury and the sylish exterior. I bought the Euro mesh grill on Ebay to update it. It's 6 years old now and people give me compliments about it all the time.

Interior is very comfortable and the wood trim is classy. The rear seats flip down so I can load lumber and mouldings from the home improvement store.

Love my Jag
By Lorna

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love owning my Jaguar. Not only is it stylish to drive but it's also safe and comfortable to be in. Also, most drivers on the road are careful driving behind me and next to me because they would hate to pay for any damages incurred so that's a plus also.

The lights and front grill of my car. The sleek body is also very appealing to me.

More space in the backseat.

2002 S-Type 4.0
By Jim

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Very fun car to drive. Limited interior space. It has been a very reliable car with over 75,000 miles since new the only maintenance has been regular service a new battery and 1 ignition coil (covered under warranty).

The design sets this apart from all the boring sedans in its class.

Better ergonomics would greatly enhance the comfort for the driver.

4.0 S-Type Sport
By jag man

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever owned.. Prestige and sportiness in one package. The interior leather has held up excellent. Paint, fit and finish are superb. I receive comments all the time about this Jag. Only complaint is the smallish trunk and soft brakes. The car has been very reliable. Had valve cover leaking, covered under warranty. The car is very fast, smooth, drives like a bimmer in sport mode. Sure to be a classic.

Looks, performance, style.

More rear leg room, larger trunk.

Wonderful Car!! 2002 Best Year Yet!!
By katee314

2002 Jaguar S-Type Sedan V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Jaguar for about 22 months. It has been excellent to drive and thrill to ride in. Interior should be a little more roomier in the rear. I love the memory seats and dual temperature settings. Not to mention the heated seats are wonderful. I do wish it had remote starting. I agree it is the best looking car I have seen. Even for the newer model cars for 2006/2007.

0-60 in 20 seconds is great on the road or highway to get away from traffic. I have to be careful because at 80 mph you can't feel it.

Cooling seats would be great, as well as a remote starter, and a more sensitive car alarm.