2002 Jaguar S-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Type model:
Jag S type
By mjde on 10/05/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second S-Type, and it has performed perfectly as both a long- distance and commuting (30 miles each way) car. Fun to drive, safe, decent mileage (19.5 city, 25 highway) and great looks. Used great split rear seats and large trunk to carry guitars, cooler, suitcases for road trips.

I love this car!
By Gordon on 08/08/05 01:08 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Before I bought the car, I've heard a lot of horror stories about Jags, but after seeing so many positive JD Power reviews, I decided to buy the S-Type. I've always loved its elegant styling and the sexy lines, and I still think this is the best looking car out there. The S-Type has been extremely reliable, the signal light bult went out twice, but it's really no big deal, dealer took care of it for me (Got Certified used, 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty). The interior is very nice, the leather still looks and smell new. Although it's a bit harder because I do have the optional sports package. After driving the car for 6 months, I still get a big smile whenever I see the car!

What a car
By Bill Weigold on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for about 6 weeks and if your looking for something different, then this is the car. I've been driving a Toyota Avalon and was looking to upgrade. But although the styles of the various cars were different from the outside, once I sat in them, it was just another Avalon - and the Avalon was a great car. This really moves down the highway and you need to be careful because at 80, you feel as if your no moving as the ride is so smooth. It's great on turns as if it was hugging the road and although I didn't rate the gas mileage very high, I've been getting around 21 to 22 miles per gallon. It's a great car if you want to be noticed.

A Love and Hate Relationship
By Imuniq on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car because it's very stylish, but it's not very practical for daily use. The trunk is too small to be useful, and the gas tank is too small, especially for the hungry V8 engine (I have to fill up almost every 3 days!). It has been very reliable except the VERY fragile and low foglight lenses have been breaking every 6 months.

A Classic in Silver
By Bob Varney on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

After two years, our outstandingly beautiful silver S-Type remains in the same perfect condition as the day it was delivered to our home. (We still talk about that.) The car continues to turn heads and verbal compliments are common. All the reliability Ford promised to bring to Jaguar products appears to be present in our car. Drives and looks great!

Very Pleased
By pdalon on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A real "eye-catcher" and thrill to drive. I've never owned an automobile that got more complements. I haven't owned this car long enough to rate mechanically, but I have had absolutely no problems. Highly recommend if you want something everyone else isn't driving.

My test of the 2002 Jaguar S model
By Jacques Brazeau on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased this vehicle in mid summer and it is not winter and I like every bit of it, so far. I have had a wee bit experience in snow but I have cured the problem, by adding weight in the trunk. Remember in snow,it is useally behind the wheel that counts.

Jaguar S-Type
By Demi Hinmon on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

Car has 17" Pirelli tires which cause fairly severe steering wheel shimmy at 45-60 mph when the tires are cold. Occasionally experience same shimmy at 45-60 mph even when tires are warm. Repeated attempts to correct have failed. Jaguar will not warrant the problem because I have non-factory chrome wheels.

I love my Jag!
By Dr Nev on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Granted, I have only owned 4 different auto styles, but I have driven countless others. My 2002 Jag S-Type (3.0 V6 sport) is the most fun car I have ever driven. I love the way it handles and despite the smoothness of the ride, I still can feel the road. My only complaint is that the same as everyone else's: Not enough interior storage space!

Better Then Expected
By fd1000 on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jaguar S-Type V8 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2002 S-Type V8 Sport. So far I have been impressed with its smooth ride, and quick acceleration. This is the first car I have had in a long time, that made me say "I NEED A RADAR DETECTOR!", because you could get in trouble with this thing, it's fast! Of course the greatest thing about this car is, one, its a Jag, and two, it turns the heads. I was three blocks away from the dealership, just picked up the car new, and I was already gettin admiring looks for strolling members of the opposite sex. THAT, puts a smile on your face... Don't think you would get that kind of reaction with a 530i, or an E class. Life is good.