Satisfied
By ccarnes on
1998 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV
I have put 50K hard miles on my Rodeo in less than 3 yrs. bringing the total miles upto 160,000.Twice a week I drive 130 miles over three different high elevation mountain passes.I have always felt safe and never gotten stuck.I have made a few minor repairs(brake pads twice, alternator,EGR,fuel pump and I had to disconnect the horn ) and now it appears that the computer may be going out.Sometimes it dies immediately after starting up, idles roughly, & there is a minor delay in the acceleration.The Check Engine light comes on, but it will not give the code reader a code.This sucks, but I am more than happy to put in the time and $ to fix it.
Favorite Features
Interior space,Visual Appeal,4X4,Decent MPG,Reliability
Suggested Improvements
AC is not sufficent,Rear seat does not completely fold down,Stiff suspension can make the ride bumpy
By ccarnes
on 02/16/12 23:36 PM (PST)

It did help! I replaced the fuse for the horn and the computer began speaking to the code reader. The EGR was clogged again. Pulled it, cleaned it and the check engine light went off. I still have the problem w/ starting then dying, but it is very intermittent. Seems to be common place, but it is more of a annoyance than a major mechanical issue.

By scrompy_1
on 10/09/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem. The fuse that runs the horn also powers the datalink for the ECU and will not allow the scanner to read the ECU without the fuse in. I had to wire an aftermarket thru the fusebox in order to read the code. Hope this helps

By oilking
on 04/30/13 14:27 PM (PDT)

i just had a similar problem turned out to be the intake manifold gasket changed it myself in a little over 3 hrs hope this helps