1992 Isuzu Pickup Consumer Review: Great Little Truck

1992 Isuzu Pickup - Consumer Review

S Extended Cab Pickup (2.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Little Truck
By John on

1992 Isuzu Pickup S 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it right off the showroom and I've only seen one like it in the fourteen years since. I needed a four wheel drive for use on my property in Tennessee. Had to have it to climb up my road. It handled the snow and mud up there and the sand and water down here in Florida. It made two or three trips a year between the two states until I bought something newer a few years ago. I still love driving it around the city and when it floods during storm season, I'm always the one who can get through to pick you up. Only problems have been the paint (re-painted it twice)and the exhaust system (had to replace pipes and muffler three times).

I love how it sits up high compared to most early import trucks. It has classic lines and never goes out of style. The V-6 has a ton of low-end torque and will pull almost anything out of the mud at idle plus a bit in four-wheel low. I like the center fold down armrest and the side-wing windows.

I'd like to see them do a better factory paint job and maybe figure out how to keep the exhaust pipes from rusting out so fast. Other than those two things, I like everything else about this truck. It's a keeper. (I mean that...I sold it once and bought it back the next year).