Used 2008 Infiniti M45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M45 model:

Rear Clunk
By M Ashley

2008 Infiniti M45 x 4dr Sedan AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car but I have a clunking noise coming from the rear of the car. Infiniti knows about this & it's been with the M series since 2006. They say its "unfixable". WHAT??? I am very displeased with the way Infiniti is handling this problem and plan to take it to the fullest, if it should come to that.

Favorite Features

lane change warning, voice activated nav system, in cruise control the auto pacing is great, sound system is great seats are very comfortable, dash lighting very easy on the eyes

Suggested Improvements

ISOLATE AND FIX REAR CLUNKING NOISE. Head lights do not automatically go on when its raining, Head lights don't automatically go to high beams when alone on a dark country road, voice recognition for paired cell phone use must be improved a lot.

Not as flashy but just as nice
By MTCS

2008 Infiniti M45 x 4dr Sedan AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in a 09 Maxima for the 08 Infiniti M45X. I test drove the 08 G37 and a 08 BMW 550. The G 37 actually drives better but I figured I would get the top of the line and go with the M. The car does not turn heads but as the other reviewer put it, you get pampered when you get inside. I had a Maxima prior to this so I understand all the gadgets. Everything is laid out well. It has great power, you will not get embarrassed on the acceleration lane and on a smooth road you cant tell the difference between 65 and 85. The surround sound is like a concert hall. Around town the ride is a little bouncy, you will feel most bumps in the road and the M goes through gas.

Favorite Features

The car is very comfortable inside. The extras like rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, 9.1 Gig hard drive, DVD player, user friendly navigation, the surround sound is the best I have ever heard. I still look forward to the drive to work. Mood lighting. Seats are comfy

Suggested Improvements

The front of the car is really sharp, the back could use some help. The ride around town is a little rough for a $50,000 vehicle.

Good solid vehicle
By MTCS

2008 Infiniti M45 x 4dr Sedan AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2009 Maxima for the 2008 M45X (new). This is a very nice luxury vehicle. It has all the toys inside that the BMW 5 series has. The smart cruise control is awesome. This vehicle accelerates very quick. This car is a keeper. It is not a head turner. I think the goodies inside with all the electronic gadgets you get to play with is where you get your monies worth out of 2008 M45X. The surround sound is awesome. Pretty quiet ride, not as smooth on rough roads as I was expecting. On the highway you cannot tell the difference between 75 and 90 mph. Simply a well built machine. I had buyers remorse initially but the car has won me over, this car is a keeper!

Favorite Features

The acceleration. This car can move. The compact flash, hard drive and satellite radio, gives you loads of entertainment options. The surround sound is simply awesome. I am 240lbs and 6 feet tall and this car is comfortable. I enjoy taking long drives in it.

Suggested Improvements

The ride is a little rougher than I would like around town. For a $50,000 dollar vehicle I was expecting a smoother ride. A larger gas tank.

Sold on Infiniti
By 1st Infiniti

2008 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 M45 Sport in December. It was "used" with 3,700 miles and includes the Sport, Tech and Advanced Tech packages, which are just about everything you'll need unless you are shuttling around some very special friends. (The only thing it's missing is the reclining, heated rear seats... boohoo.) I looked at dozens of cars before finding this one at an incredible deal. Giving up a Porsche 911, I wanted power... check. I also wanted something luxurious... check. All without making me feel like I should be twice my age in order to drive it... that's where the Sport Pkg comes in. This car handles incredibly well for something this big and the acceleration nearly matches my 911.

Favorite Features

The rearview camera is awesome, the sound system is incredible, the interior design and layout are very attractive and the seats are very comfortable. Also love that Infiniti puts thought into the design of their rims.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is tolerable for me, because I don't drive a whole lot and I live in Texas where gas is cheap. However, I average between 16 and 18 mpg with a lot of freeway driving and pretty relaxed driving. The design is slightly boring, but the Sport Pkg adds character.

Love it and for the money....
By sunpower

2008 Infiniti M45 4dr Sedan (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I leased mine with a two year contract. At the end of the lease, I am very happy with the car. It has good acceleration, its comfortable and its stylish but not over the top. It doesn't attract too much attention but when I sit inside I feel pampered. Good features are ride and technology. Bad features are gas mileage and noise level.