Amazing Longevity! V6 Automatic
By exit on
1997 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan
Bought my '97 Infiniti I30 in 2000 with 30K miles on it. It is now 4/2012 and I'm at 363,000. In mid-atlantic (USA) weather. It has only needed regular maintenance. The largest repair bill I've ever had was just under $2K (ball joints-control arms). But that was well past the 250,000 mile mark. And they do eventually have to be replaced :-) It still runs great. And the leather seats are still very comfy, show very little wear and are quite supportive. It has been incredibly solid. Love this car! I think the fact that it has a timing chain instead of a belt really helped it's longevity. The V6 and transmission in this car are incredible!
Favorite Features
Reliability, reliability, reliability! Comfortable smooth ride, good cargo space for it's class. Super smooth V6 and transmission. Not BMW fast or tight. But just a great all around car. Sound system is really good. I'm a bit of an audiophile and make my living with my ears.
Suggested Improvements
The styling could've been a little less mundane. Center console arm rest has a cheap plastic retainer.