1993 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )
Best car I ever Owned
By alexasddfgghj on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car no problems

g20 rocks!
By fronhas on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

HAd it for 4 years no problems whatsoever. Excellent car!

Bet my life on its reliability
By G20 Fan on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

The car is 9 years old now and Ive put 285,000 miles on it! Its an automatic and has every option. The leather seats still have no rips or wear the power windows and sunroof still work perfectly. The paint and plastic parts on this car have held up better than any other car Ive ever owned. The things Ive had to do to this car have been absolutely minimal. Ive had to replace the thermostat ($75) a power antenna mast ($35) and the battery once ($110) All of the other maintenance was done on time, and wasnt a shocking price. I am about to trade this in on the new G35. But I STRONGLY encourage anyone

great car
By denis on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

this is a great car. only problem i have is the power. 140 hp isnt enough. great reliability. has not broken down once, i have over 110,000 miles on it. its a great car, with little maintenance charges.

Great investment
By SteveW on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from my relative who needed a minivan. He didn't want to give it up, but he's glad I am taking care of it. It had a few minor blemishes but otherwise it's really a great car. Too soon for me to tell about reliability, but I expect drive this thing until it dies, or until I need a minivan. Why do people buy new cars?

Cant go wrong
By msmelis25 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago with 91,000 miles on it. It now has 157,000 miles on it and all we have had to do was put in a new water pump and clutch. What a fantastic car. I will drive it till I cant drive it no more, and that looks like a long way off. And it will be replaced with another Infiniti for sure. But this time one with cup holders.

Old Reliable
By relo-ace on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I drove this car for 4 years as a residential Realtor and ran it hard -- other than the normal things like brakes and batteries, never, ever had a problem. My teenagers have each had the car for the past 4+ years and it is still the most solid, dependable car one could ask for -- approaching 150,000 miles.

Loved the car
By rj123456 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Great car, had it for 8.5 years and would have kept it for another 2 or 3. Terrific reliability, nice but perhaps boring styling, fun to drive (5sp). I was told they made a conscious effort to copy the BMW 3-series (which at the time deliberately did not have cup holders). Nice interior - no cupholders though. After 8 years, only problems were a defective oxygen sensor and one other engine problem. Got side swiped and had to be totalled. RIP.

My G20
By MikeG on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off my mom. It's an ok car but you have to watch out for the infiniti dealers. They replaced the clutch and 3000 miles later it was gone and the refused to replace it under warranty. Also the abs break flued leeks at around 80,000. THe part is a $1200 fix, but you can drive on the broken part for quite some time. The inside is comfortable, its somewhat stylish, my window also stopped working that cost me $250. The engine is not built to be handled by anything more than an older woman.

Good Car
By FrankFilippi on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Good, reliable car that you can count on with 100,000+ miles. My avg maintenance is $0.032/mile (no gas, oil, or tires). No rust (garage kept).