Used 2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

This vehicle is terrible
By john_stone37

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to dive, but if you don't have a ton of money, don't buy it. Bought one at 99k miles, it now has 124k. In the span of that 25k, I've replaced all tires twice, replaced the clutch twice, replace the shifter cable twice, replaced the transmission and flywheel. All tiburons after 2003 are crap. Also, any transmission repair (clutch, shifter cable, flywheel, etc.) is 1000$ more than with most cars because it takes extra work in a tiburon to get to the transmission

Don't Waste Your Money.
By nomoretiburons

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon in 2007 with 9k on the odometer. Ran fine at first. Less than a year later, O2 sensor went out. Replaced that, a week later another, replaced it, a week later another... replaced it, a week later guess what. This thing eats tires despite the fact that the alignment is good. The wear is even across the tire but we get less than 16k out of 30k tires. Have replaced the brakes, Sunroof no longer works, lock motor on driver side door went out, radiator hose started leaking at the thermostat housing, replaced the hose clamp and fixed it, a few days ago the radiator cracked in a spot that I still can't explain why.... Buy a Pinto your repair bills will be cheaper.

Favorite Features

None. This car is a lemon.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts.

Great first sports car!
By tattoodude426

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As searching throughout the market for a decent sports car to start off with in my area, I had found an eye-catching 2006 hyundai Tiburon GT v6. The car had so many great features that I had been looking for but what had sold me was the style of the interior, the sleek body style and the low mileage it had on it. I've owned one of these cars for about two weeks so far and I've found that it is quite fun to drive and even got a few compliments already on the car. I'd definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice reliable sports car.

Favorite Features

Interior: Leathers sport seats, Aluminum dashboard trim, Digital climate control; Exterior: Hatch-back, 17" Rims, Gas cover, sleek design; Engine/performance: Chrome exhaust tips, decent HP, good acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Add more leg room for the back seating, A little more HP to the GTV6 2.7L model, better sounding exhaust.

Excellent value
By ccrater4

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tiburon GT for $8000 about a year ago. I've loved it since day one. It is over all an awesome car to drive. Although, it is not the fastest car. If you are looking for something to race it may not be for you. Its lack of power isn't justified by its fuel economy. I would expect better than 18 city from a 2.7L V6. Over all I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a great deal and is very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is among the best in the world. The Infinity stereo gives excellent performance. It has an exhaust note similar to that of a Ferrari.

Suggested Improvements

It could use a more powerful engine and better fuel economy. There is very little leg and head room in the back seat for any people.

I really like it!
By happyindywoman

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Since the first time I saw a Tiburon, I wanted one. Finally, in 2009, I purchased one. It was the first sporty car I'd ever owned and I loved the low slung design. Unfortunately, after I drove it for a few months, I started to have trouble getting out of the door. Back problems soon followed. So I gave the car to my husband who loves it. I think I would have had the same back problems no matter what low-to-the ground car I had driven; it has nothing really to do with the Tiburon. When it reached 58,000 miles it suddenly stopped dead on the street. Fortunately, we were still within the warranty period (barely) and ended up getting a completely new engine under the warranty!

Favorite Features

Comfort of seats, Exterior styling, Moonroof, Space in Trunk, Warranty.