2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
This vehicle is terrible
By john_stone37 on 10/21/14 22:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to dive, but if you don't have a ton of money, don't buy it. Bought one at 99k miles, it now has 124k. In the span of that 25k, I've replaced all tires twice, replaced the clutch twice, replace the shifter cable twice, replaced the transmission and flywheel. All tiburons after 2003 are crap. Also, any transmission repair (clutch, shifter cable, flywheel, etc.) is 1000$ more than with most cars because it takes extra work in a tiburon to get to the transmission

Don't Waste Your Money.
By nomoretiburons on 03/30/14 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT Limited 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon in 2007 with 9k on the odometer. Ran fine at first. Less than a year later, O2 sensor went out. Replaced that, a week later another, replaced it, a week later another... replaced it, a week later guess what. This thing eats tires despite the fact that the alignment is good. The wear is even across the tire but we get less than 16k out of 30k tires. Have replaced the brakes, Sunroof no longer works, lock motor on driver side door went out, radiator hose started leaking at the thermostat housing, replaced the hose clamp and fixed it, a few days ago the radiator cracked in a spot that I still can't explain why.... Buy a Pinto your repair bills will be cheaper.

Great first sports car!
By tattoodude426 on 03/20/14 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As searching throughout the market for a decent sports car to start off with in my area, I had found an eye-catching 2006 hyundai Tiburon GT v6. The car had so many great features that I had been looking for but what had sold me was the style of the interior, the sleek body style and the low mileage it had on it. I've owned one of these cars for about two weeks so far and I've found that it is quite fun to drive and even got a few compliments already on the car. I'd definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants a nice reliable sports car.

Excellent value
By ccrater4 on 11/20/12 19:12 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tiburon GT for $8000 about a year ago. I've loved it since day one. It is over all an awesome car to drive. Although, it is not the fastest car. If you are looking for something to race it may not be for you. Its lack of power isn't justified by its fuel economy. I would expect better than 18 city from a 2.7L V6. Over all I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a great deal and is very fun to drive.

I really like it!
By happyindywoman on 10/02/11 17:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Since the first time I saw a Tiburon, I wanted one. Finally, in 2009, I purchased one. It was the first sporty car I'd ever owned and I loved the low slung design. Unfortunately, after I drove it for a few months, I started to have trouble getting out of the door. Back problems soon followed. So I gave the car to my husband who loves it. I think I would have had the same back problems no matter what low-to-the ground car I had driven; it has nothing really to do with the Tiburon. When it reached 58,000 miles it suddenly stopped dead on the street. Fortunately, we were still within the warranty period (barely) and ended up getting a completely new engine under the warranty!

Wolf in sheep's clothing
By spc4artillery on 05/01/11 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car for about $12k with 32k miles beginning January of 11. Had the car for about 5k miles now and it's been a great car. Only major complaints with the car is the clutch rattle, which I'm told is normal. Rattle happens at idle in neutral with the clutch engaged. Other than that, the stereo is kinda hinky. A loud pop and it will quit. Turn the radio off and it will work properly. Car has plenty of low end grunt, handles on rails, and feels like a more expensive car than it is. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend it to someone else.

Amazing Car,
By mistermonkie on 04/25/11 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Despite what some of the reviews on her say I have yet to have any problems with Tiburon at all. I bought it in early 07 at 13k miles. It now is just under 39k miles. It has driven from Florida all the way to Washington, state not D.C., all it needed after that was an oil change. It is VERY comfortable for a sporty car, The car is very comfortable, the seats support your back very well. Though it is a very cramped if you're over 6' if not it seems very roomy. Interior is very sleek and sporty looking. Sunroof can be somewhat stubborn sometimes. Exterior is beautiful as well. One downside is that though it does have 4 seats the back two are some what trivial due to the lack of leg space.

Owner
By my tibby on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car however multiple problems continue to arise and costly at that. Of course from what I'm hearing clutch problems are very common with these cars, I'm a single mom who can't afford all theses costly problems.

Take the spring out!
By matman142 on 07/02/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ok so i have an 06 Tiburon SE V6 and it came with the 6 speed manual and as you have probably read these tiburons have terrible clutch problems. Take that pesky spring out and this car is a dream to own. Great handling and decent performance plus i bought it used and it still has 1 year left on the powertrain warranty and 6 years left on roadside assistance! Overall a very good car for the money

Hyundai missed the mark with this model
By Tony on 06/13/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Tiburon Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I had owned a Sonata prior to picking out a brand new Tiburon GT in March of 2007. At just under 19K miles the clutch and flywheel went out on me. Hyundai would not cover this under warranty and dismissed the transmission failure as though I did not know how to drive a manual transmission. The wheel bearings went out on 3 separate occasions as well. The V6 is thirsty resulting in low MPG. Horrible under-steer. Some tricky blind spots until you get use to it. Hyundai's also have crummy resale value. Overall the car is fun to drive, however I highly encourage an extended warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.