2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great Value, but sedan was more practical
By Carolyn S

2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Its a great little car for the price. I had a 2012 4 door 4 1/2 years that I loved and the dealership had a special. I had wanted a hatchback. Found out after delivery the hatchback is 10" shorter than the sedan so I really did not get the additional space I was looking for. Gas mileage is less than the sedan, averaging about 28 unless I am really conscious of how I am driving and coasting (I have a manual stick) There is a bizarre film that keeps creeping up on the inside of the windshield that is driving me absolutely batty. I clean it and days later it returns and I can't figure out if the defroster, heat or AC i causing it. but cleaning the inside of the windshield always leaves greasy streaks. Very Bizarre. I had the Simonez coating put in and on the car. not impressed by that - ended up putting seat covers on it anyway and its the only logical cause I can think of for the film being greasy. Sluggish acceleration. Pretty much get what you pay for. I did get the bumper to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles over the 50,000. I wish I had gotten it on the 2012 instead. I probably would have held onto the 2012 longer had the warranty not run out. This has less rearview visibility because of the tiny hatchback window. I had driven the '12 63,000 and loved it. This turns tight, stops on a dime, great for parking in small spaces but interior space is disappointing. Car is comfortable, AC is very cold, heat is great. Stops, goes great.

THE GREAT SEARCH IS OVER - HYUNDAI ACCENT WINS
By Leah Nikaidoh

2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Hi all. Okay I REALLY don't write reviews because I usually think they are biased, but here I go. This is the first time I've done a serious effort in test driving cars before buying one. Prior to this, I only leased or bought VWs - however, my last one (a beautiful 2012 GTI that was red and had plaid interior) required 3 MAJOR repairs in six months, so I had to bid her a fond farewell. So, my uncle and I did test drives (separately) of the following cars: Hyundai Elantra GT, Hyundai Accent hatch back, Mazda 3 hatchback, high end Toyota Prius, and Kia Soul. I narrowed search down to the Mazda and the Accent. The Mazda had more bells and whistles, but the Accent was a lot less expensive and the biggest selling point was the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. I actually upgraded to the 10 year warranty for only $1800 (which is partially refundable if I don't keep the car). The mileage on both cars were about the same - if I wanted leather seats I would have had to spend more money and get the Mazda or the Hyundai Elantra. I definitely wanted a hatchback and the Accent's cargo space seemed a lot bigger than the Mazda. The interior gadgets are minimal - while I miss my hands free calling, I don't miss it enough to spend another $5-8K. So, I'd recommend you consider this car - my purchase price was great and I have to honestly say that the car dealership has been terrific.

Accent Hatchback
By Ron Allred

2016 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Car seems good so far. Noticed the layout under the hood could be better especially the upper radiator hose accessibility. I do a lot of my own maintenance and accessibility to components is very important. Transmission seems to up shift a little early. Car seems to sound very solid. Only have about 2500 miles on the car and am pretty well pleased so far.