1993 Honda Prelude Si - Consumer Reviews

Si 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )
Rethink Your Decision
By lukewagner002 on 12/26/12 09:29 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I had purchased this car in Jan of 2012. It has 193k on the odometer. After being a Honda Mechanic for a few years, I was confident in the vehicle, but had seen very few of these. I had nothing but problems when owning mine. Within a few weeks, my timing belt had broke, and left me stranded. After rebuilding the entire top end of the engine, I drove it for two weeks when the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder went out. Two days after that it was the TPS sensor. After repair almost everything, I thought it was safe to drive, and drove it for 4 hours and it would not start again, which is where I gave up. I suggest going to a VERY well maintained one, or finding another vehicle.

Replacement parts questionable quality
By Rich on 05/02/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

This car has been a disappointment due to the inferior quality of replacement electrical system parts... three main relays have failed (replacement approximately $700 each) and three ignition switches failed (replacement approximately $200 each). Honda Prelude replacement electrical parts are garbage IMHO. I will likely never purchase another Honda. However, the best car I ever owned was a 1990 Acura Integra.

1993 Prelude Si
By Hazardgrl on 05/21/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I've had this car two years now, and have not had any problems. When I bought it in '03, everyone thought I had gotten a new car (not realizing the prelude was discontinued two years before). It's fun to drive, looks great, and is an all around perfect car.

Prelude SI
By R Tizzle on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

When i purchased my Prelude it got me in a lot of trouble. Its FAST and sporty but, chicks will look twice when they see you in a Prelude. Getting premium unleaded gas is a drag but definately worth the performance.

93 Prelude Si
By HwkWings on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over 4 years, and I still love it. I bought it with 132K miles, and it now has 185K. The only problems have been a small oil leak and a worn out distributor. The sexy curviness of this car is way better than the ridged design of the 5th gen. Prelude. Criticism aside, I love the "funky" mid-dash display of the interior. The gauges are easier to read than some other cars that clutter the gauges in front of the driver. A few complaints include: the headlight components are a bit cheap, road/wind noise is more than abundant at highway speeds, rear visibility is less than adequate and the speaker covers are a bit flimsy.

Excellent Car
By vahsi on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car allmost 5 years ago, and still runs like new. I probably spend $1500 extra for the maintaince. That's it.

Great Ride
By Wings on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I've owned my '93 Prelude SR for over a year now and what a great car. It packs a lot of punch for a four cylinder and it has incredible handling. I love having a car that I can drive like I stole it every day without any worries. The only problem I've had was the electric ignition igniter crapped out on me which was only a small and cheap repair. Honda should have never stopped making the Prelude!

fun in the summertime
By hunypi on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

fun little sports car.miss it so much.would buy again ..

93 Honda Prelude
By xtcboy on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

The cars body is really a fine peice of work from the inside out, its almost brand new looking from the inside. One problem might be the engine when it comes to dependable, once it breaks down it can be quite a bit of a problem,. other than that handling just like a porsche targa, if you got good 16 or 17`wheels.

1993 Prelude Si
By KW93LUDE on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Great car ride is low makes u feel apart of the road "True Sports Car"