There are better options out there
By oc_kdawg on
2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
It handles like a truck and not an SUV on a uni-body chassis as claimed. It is under powered and not very responsive. I travel for work and have had other SUV's that put Pilot to shame in terms of performance. DVD navigation is already outdated, don't pay for it, use your phone and have better technology. Voice recognition is horrible. No other way to add/delete/pair phones. I rented a Toyota and it took less than 15 seconds to learn how and pair a phone. Plus it played music through BT. Sound system in this "loaded" Pilot sounds horrible. Honda will not be on our short list when it's time to replace. They've lost touch with what's important to consumers, hence Civic redesign.
Favorite Features
It is roomy and I found car seats I can put side-by-side in 2nd row and have access to 3rd. 3rd row is decent for short trips but unless you go full size SUV it is not a good long hauler for adults. I am really struggling to come up with other features I like. I dread taking this car, hence we only have 15k miles after 2 years. The big things that I want in a vehicle miss big time when I have compared to others.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth - there should be on screen interface to manage BT devices. Music from smartphone should play through speakers. Engine - needs more power with better fuel economy. Call Ford, they understand this. Handling - feels like a truck. Power window lock - driver should still be able to operate windows when locked. I just want to prevent my 3 year old from opening, not me. Nav/enfotainment - let me render my smartphone on the screen, not purchase some outdated tech from you. I want to run Google nav, Pandora, etc on the screen in the car. Give me a docking station. Update your sound system. Quit cutting costs in the cars and find ways to reduce COGS in your operations.