2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Reliable, Solid Transportation.
By richssss on 02/15/15 06:07 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really just wanted something that got great gas mileage and was a car that will last me for years. I HATE car shopping! My reason for selecting a Honda was my last car was a CR-V that had 324,000 when I traded it in.

Why do people buy GM when they can get civic for the same price?
By bergolive on 11/18/14 09:28 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wonder why people buy GMs, fords and chryslers when they can get a Civic. As far as reliability goes, I think there is enough data out there to prove that Civics are way better than most American cars. Same thing for resale value. I read somewhere that there is more American content in a Civic than in a Cruze. I don't know of this is true, but I know Civics are built in America! Anyhow, I had an Aries K when I was student and this was a constant problem (when it would start). When the engine blew up, I bought a Civic and have always been satisfied since. I drove all four of them up to about 160 000 Mi without any major trouble and managed to get a good trade-in value every single time.

Should not have strayed from Honda
By tamie45 on 08/24/14 20:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I started out the summer with a pre-owned 2013 Ford Focus SE. I was swayed into buying the Focus because of all the great tech and the quality interior. Unfortunately, all the comforts in the world could not make up for the awful DCT. Two months into owning the Focus I decided that I needed to trade it away as soon as possible. I went with a pre-owned 2012 Civic with 22,000 miles on it. I could not be more happy with my decision!! I first felt that the interior was a downgrade to the Focus until I actually drove the car for a while and found it to actually be much better in all respects save for the hard plastics. The smooth driving experience is much better than the Focus!

2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still running great.
By martin13 on 06/10/14 15:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic with 9k mile on it. Was concerned because I had no idea what may have happened with the original owner. Did he unload the car because of problems (I don't trust Carfax)? So now the car has 30k and has been very reliable, fun to drive, and very economical. Just came back from road trip to North Carolina - cruise control most of the way at 50-65 mph (I know, very slow, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere) gave me 44 mpg. Usually I get 37+ while driving at speeds 70+ mph and no cruise control use. Car had a little rattle coming from the rear that was eliminated under warranty (seat belt mechanism was the source). Otherwise, not a problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

Honda Fan
By watersonclan on 03/03/14 18:11 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my sixth Honda in 30 years. I researched what I wanted very carefully and decided on the smaller fuel efficient Civic for commuting back and forth to work. With gasoline prices continuing to inch up, this is the best model available without having to go to a hybrid. I have put 1,200 miles on my car,so far and am happy to say I am getting an average of 42 mpg on a tank of gas. I am very happy with my purchase and after shopping at every dealership in the Inland Empire, I was glad to finally find a reputable dealership in Pasadena who did not try to play games or sell me something I didn't want.

Great Car
By tedert on 01/07/14 07:55 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2012 Honda Civic for approximately 7 months now and I love it. I get around 27mpg and anywhere from 35-42 on the freeway. Like most people have said, you know what you're buying with a civic. It doesn't have the flash of a Mercedes or the quiet road noise of a Cadillac but this car is definitely worth every dollar. I'm 6'2" 240lbs and the vehicle fits me comfortably. I traded in my 2010 Accord for this vehicle and barely notice the interior size different. Bottom line, I would recommend this car to anyone.

No odometer
By softailguy on 08/27/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2012 Civic LX in July 2012. It now has about 19,000 miles on it. It does well on gas but I think the fuel guage is inaccurate. It supposedly has a 13 gallon tank yet even when I'm on E and the range says 9 miles I am never able to put more than 10 gallons in it. And then today I left work and noticed I had no odometer display, no maintenance minder info, no fuel mpg info or range info. It just disappeared from the menu. So now I have no way of knowing what my mileage is or when to change my oil. This is my first Honda after driving Hyundai Elantras for 15 years. I should have stuck with Hyundai. Better car for less money.

Things I didn't think about FIRST
By schoolsh33 on 07/13/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had 96 Civic & 98Accord. Bought 2012 Civic 4 door stick shift in May 2011. I've always loved stick for the pickup & gas mileage. Big problems with this car. 1) NO pickup at all. It's embarrassing at a light with even slight incline & people are on your butt & go around u because it takes forever to get up to speed. If AC is on forget it, u have to turn it off until u get to speed. 2) Visibility sucks. There is a thick separator where side mirrors are making window 2 sections creating major blind spots 3) My kids can't have back window down, it causes this vibrating wind sound that hurts your ears. So, things I never thought about have made me unhappy with this car & I'm trading it in

Don't buy a hybrid, get this car!
By brock69 on 06/24/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Driving from Cincinnati, OH to Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend we averaged 41 MPG while having the sunroof open fully and all the windows open about 2 inches. From there we continued through the App. Mountains to Greenville, SC and averaged 43 MPG with the AC running and we were not doing anything crazy like turning off the motor. I remember the sticker saying this car was rated at 39. We averaged about 73 MPH the whole way in mild to medium traffic. We bought this car with 9000 miles on it for $17,000 and have added 16,000 miles in 6 Months. No expensive or dangerous batteries to mess with and we can turn the ECON button off whenever we want to get more juice.

Overall, a happy owner...minus a few complaints.
By kruizer on 05/14/13 06:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2012 Civic LX Sedan in Dec. 2011 as a commuter car and have put about 17K miles on it. Like most have mentioned, the road noise is present and the sound system is not up to par. My biggest complaint is the shifter/transmission (auto) tends to vibrate while accelerating quickly. Pulling out in traffic can be a bit dangerous too, if you forget the ECON button is on. That being said, overall, my wife and I are very satisfied with our Civic. The legroom is plentiful for this size car. The fuel economy is great (~32 in City). And the displays are very easily read.