Honda's May Last Forever, But...
By HKI4EVR on
2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I don't know what Honda was thinking when they designed the interior of the Honda Civic. They may run forever, but what is the point if you hate driving it? I have had to replace my stereo twice, my vents vibrate up and down as I drive, when the vents are set to come out at the floor only, I have to shut the rest of my vents to get all the air to come out only at the floor, and now when I push the button to turn on my rear defrost, my radio stations go fuzzy. Not only that, but what brilliant engineer thought that putting cupholders on the other side of the shifter would be a good idea? And what is the point of having an armrest that interferes with the driver's ability to shift?
Favorite Features
It gets great gas mileage, but what 2- door, 4 cylinder doesn't? It fits into small spaces.
Suggested Improvements
Start over on the entire interior. Don't only spend money on the engine. More storage space. Make the cassette player work for more than one year or make a CD player standard. Make the door locks actually lock both doors - what's the point in having automatic locks if they don't lock both doors?