Used 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

1994 civic cx
By webster

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car for $1400, i was looking for a cx, in red, a 5 speed, and only a hatchback. took me almost 4 years to find exactly what i wanted. 165,000 miles on it, burns a little oil but runs great. can't believe how much people are paying for repairs. i've replaced the radiator, used $25, fuel pump replaced new $40, turned out it was the fuel pump relay, $30. took less than 5 minutes to replace. want consistent 40+ mpg? get good radial tires and run tire pressure around 38 psi, and learn to drive. this car has plenty of power for the 1.5 liter 8 valve motor. run it with super unleaded, big difference, a few cents more but i'm getting as high 46 mpg and actually got 51 mpg on a recent trip. open a book people, learn to fix your own car, very easy to repair. i don't need ABS, or cruise control, seats are comfy but i don't weigh 250 pounds or move like a sloth. cupholders too small, dump the big gulp and get a bottle of water. of course the interior may break, its plastic, and it gets brittle, its almost 25 years old. parts to replace or repair are so cheap, it just make sense to buy a civic.

Great car as long as its a 5spd
By Joe scooter

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Rip the front seats out for after markets and hotrod the engine to get better torqe and generly more fun,lower to handleing needs and beat the crap out of it on your daily commute,,love this Honda,its a shame cars arnt made like this one anymore,the 94 civic is a lego the happens to be a very relable car,,love it

Love this car X2
By dakkri

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

50+ mpg on highway, tracks great, solid.

Build a new version of this car that gets 50+ on the highway.

I hate to sell it!
By Proud owner

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Honda Civic hatchback brand new and only use to go grocery shopping and other local driving. It has approx. 43,000 miles on it and is in great condition. I'm thinking about selling it mainly for new and improved safety features. but I hate to let it go!

Beast car!
By rid

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

So this was a hand-me down car from my mom that got a 09 Honda accord. Truly this car is older than me but it doesn't seem like it. The car has a sturdy build and awesome feel when driving. The interior is a clean cut design and cant get any better. I truly think its built better than my moms car and I'm only 15. My car has over 200,000 miles in it and has a new engine and has been taken care of and its better than any coupe car out there today. its even better than the top fuel efficient car out there getting a top mpg of 46!

46+ mpg and easy cleaning car!

sunroof and cruise control