1994 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love this car X2
By dakkri on 07/08/12 01:02 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

I hate to sell it!
By Proud owner on 08/28/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Honda Civic hatchback brand new and only use to go grocery shopping and other local driving. It has approx. 43,000 miles on it and is in great condition. I'm thinking about selling it mainly for new and improved safety features. but I hate to let it go!

Beast car!
By rid on 03/20/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

So this was a hand-me down car from my mom that got a 09 Honda accord. Truly this car is older than me but it doesn't seem like it. The car has a sturdy build and awesome feel when driving. The interior is a clean cut design and cant get any better. I truly think its built better than my moms car and I'm only 15. My car has over 200,000 miles in it and has a new engine and has been taken care of and its better than any coupe car out there today. its even better than the top fuel efficient car out there getting a top mpg of 46!

first car
By jrm on 10/18/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, got it in high school (DX hatch, 5-spd). Not problem-free but I drove it hard, and it was a blast to drive (I now have an LS1 Camaro which is infinitely faster and more powerful but this Civic was so light it was just a lot of fun). Unfortunately this car was totaled by my sister about 7 years ago. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Gas mileage was an honest 27 city / 32 highway - real numbers not EPA.

Civic VX
By truespeed01 on 07/20/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Well I just bought my civic and I just love it. I get 40 mpg with its vtec motor under the hood. It has 75000 miles on it and orig bought it to do a motor swap. But the stock motor is so great I am gonna hold off a few more weeks and enjoy the great gas mileage. As far as the inside the cup holders are the worst ever your better off using the center console and the seat. The stock seats are horrible and I added some seats front a newer RSX type S.As far as the interior other than the seats everything is nice I also replaced the dash lights with led bulbs to brighten them up a bit. Car Is fun to drive and is a great platform to build off of. With the swap it runs 13's and gets 30 mpg.Yay crvtec!

"Like a Go-Cart
By AlexJDMcivic on 06/04/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

I recently purchased my new Honda Civic 3dr DOHC 1.6 vtec straight from japan. Right hand drive, good car had some radiator hose problems, good traction and good acceleration, vtec

Only Honda's for me
By Only Honda's on 02/16/06 04:58 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

I have purchased hondas for the last 10 years started with a CRX and then purchased a 93 cx hatch and then upgraded to a 94 si hatch. Si is the way to go fast, fun and a pleasure to drive. I just traded in my 02 honda civic ex for a 03 honda civic si hatch and I love it, love it, love it. All hondas get great gas mileage and have little to none repairs. Worth every penny!!!!!

Best little car I've ever owned
By Joyce in Ohio on 03/19/05 18:23 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

My Honda has 288,000+ on the odometer and is still going strong. The steering on this car is phenomenal. I have NEVER lost control, even in snow ice, on crowded highways and ducking clueless motorists. What astounds me is that I continue to get between 40 and 45 mpg, even at 11 years later and the engine does not seem to burn oil. It has never let me down and has only failed to start when I left the headlights on. Normal maintenance for this car has been really minimal (i.e., I ignored it).

Honda at the Pinnacle of Quality
By tommy thompson on 02/16/05 21:03 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

Awesome mpg: 41/50 combined with 11 trouble free year gives the VX a hands down win in my book

163k and still going
By YamInIA on 01/28/05 12:47 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

i bought her used w/135K on her, and even tho the body is rough, the engine is fantastic. i change the oil, and am taking her in this month for the timing belt/w.pump r&r. i doubt its ever been done, and is recc.every 70K or so. i use this car to commute avg.of 150 miles/day, and it never fails me. handles well in winter conditions due to low/wide build. i LOVE the 5spd manual trans..is so fun, and good mpg too. I love this car so much, i'm putting about $1000 into her to get her looking nice and getting the engine to 100% performance. most would say it isn't worth it, but i bet its only used 1/2 its 'life'. hoping to get 300K+ before she calls it quits.