2014 Honda Accord 2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Nice car......too bad about the

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Nice car......too bad about the seats
By motorman409 on

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for 7 days, and even though I love the ride, power, CVT, looks, and all the other stuff, the bucket seats are awful. I am 6 feet tall, 195 lbs, and there is no way to adjust the seat to fit my size. The seats are built for a small framed person (like my wife, 5'7 130 lbs). When I sit in the drivers seat I actually sit up on it, with no butt support, and no back support. The drivers seat is crippling me. The back seats are much flatter, and better. Take the car for longer than a 15 minute test drive, or rent one for a weekend. I made an expensive mistake.

Favorite Features

Layout, feel, looks, engine, sound, size.

Suggested Improvements

Hire someone from Volvo to give your ergonomics engineers (that is if Honda employs ergonomic engineers) some lessons on how to build a seat that fits a wider variety of people. Either that, or advertise a maximum weight/size rating for people that want to buy the car, because this is definitely a car only for people with slight builds, and low weight.
By richardrp
on 03/28/15 12:35 PM (PDT)

I'm 5'11" 215 lbs . I have the EXL without Nav but the seat electric adjusts for height (raises up or down), tilts forward or back, back rest is adjustable forward or back, has an adjustable Lumbar support, and a 2 position memory setting . Yours should do the same . Try sitting in the center of the seat instead of the left edge and make adjustments . Should cure your problem .