2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2014 Honda Accord EX-L review

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L V-6 Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L review
By stockdox on

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit, I was a little bit reluctant to buy the V6 model Accord due to the negative press and some negative remarks on some chat boards.

I really hope that Honda has really fixed the issues with VCM technology because it is quite amazing to get nearly the same gas mileage of the 4 Cylinder with the performance of the 6.
I can tell you right now that my gas mileage is better than advertised.
The car is packed with useful technology such as the side view camera and Collision avoidance and Lane Watch.
The car is smooth and powerful. On balance, I am very happy with my choice.

Update:

After 2 years with the car, I still very happy with the car but did want to mention a couple of annoying things about it. When the car is in "ECO" mode, shifts sometimes are erratic or harsh under hard acceleration. Car seems to perform much better off of "ECO" mode. Never could get voice command to work properly on the car. Lastly, I had my battery go bad before the car was 2 years old. It was replaced under warranty but took 2-3 trips to the Honda dealer before they finally declared it dead. Otherwise, the car has been a complete joy to drive. Now I have 24,000 miles on the car and no other problems.
VCM is not perfect I notice the switch from 3 Cylinder mode to 6 more so then the reverse.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review