2014 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Maybe I bought a Honda, expecting an Acura?
By josh2014 on 01/05/15 12:25 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Accord Coupe in the beginning of November and got a great deal on it. I went looking to buy a black 4-Door with black interior. Left with a white 2-Door and Tan Interior. Seen it and absolutely loved it. And I still do. It has almost 5,000 miles on it now. I regret buying a 2-door but, that's my fault. I had problems with the brakes sticking when I first got it, and I'm going in Friday to have the "shimmy" checked out, that I've had in it sense day 1. This is a great car with great mpg, but I feel the build quality isn't that great compared to my old 2005 Maxima that I had. Already have several rattles, and the electric steering now makes a quiet tick when turning left.

Just keeps getting better.
By pmpetersen on 10/10/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 4th new accord I have purchased. My first one faithfully served for 18 years and I am finishing my 7th year with my third. #2 got totaled at 12 years of age. The improvements in noise and fuel economy compared to the 8th generation is nothing short of astounding. Computer regularly shows 36 on the highway and averages overall about 29. The CVT with paddle shifters is really smooth in operation always having the correct ratio. I love clicking the negative paddle to increase the engine braking when going down hills and off ramps. Sport mode brings the engine to life for twisties. A manual will always be more fun but living in PDX metro area traffic is too frequent for it.

I love it
By jcrawley1 on 10/09/14 17:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Best car I have ever owned. Definitely worth the value.

First Car Review EVER! 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L V6
By al4one on 09/25/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a Nissan Xterra to an Accord coupe took some getting used to but I'm glad I went with my decision. I was looking for something that would save gas, be reliable and have some pep out the gate. By no means is it a real sports car, but it has enough in there to get around traffic. As far as reliability, I only have 6 thousand + miles on it, so far so good. Only time will tell how reliable it will be. Gas savings is as advertised. I'm averaging 24mpg combined. No ECON button on and doing 80% city with 20% hwy. I do love the road trips though, I get around 36mpg. Overall, I'm satisfied except for the radio. That needs some improvement.

First 10k miles disappoints former loyal Honda consumer
By 516lionline on 09/08/14 10:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My 4th Accord LX ('89, '96,'01; my fiancée had the 11 EX-L; my mom had a CR-V and now owns the '13 Odyssey)! Without trying to sound too unforgiving, Honda has finally lost my complete attention. This harsh review stems from two issues. Interiors cheaply built in general, need far better craftsmanship, durability & quality. Competitors, like VW offer way better feel, textures, and look (my 135 lb fiancee's '11 leather armrest & seat wore out torn by 40k; my '14 has a hole in driver floor mat from only 2500 miles, now big enough to fit an apple to a hole in the interior floor carpeting. Thankful, owning more than 30+ cars on none had this ever happened. Highly regret not getting a Passat :(

2014 Accord V6 Touring
By accordian2 on 07/20/14 21:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In May of 2014 this was my firs Honda. I was fascinated with all the new features. On new cars You expect to be disappointed by the EPA mileage however this car has exceeded the expectations. Of the 4 vehicles in our home it is the newest and therefore most expensive one of the 4. Our insurance company priced it the best. I believe due to things like the forward collision warning. Blind spot camera, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control...To me price wise the features and cost are better then a Lexus I compared it to. It quietly performs well.

Second 2014 Honda Accord
By 4thhonda on 06/21/14 04:19 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Last September I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan and last week I traded it in for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX in Still Midnight Pearl. I loved the sedan but I wanted something a little sportier. The coupe does handle better than the sedan and there are a few features that I really like. The color of the car is magnificent in Midnight Still Pearl. Yes, I lost some money during my trade in, but it was well worth it to get the coupe. Obviously, I think very highly of the Accord to get another one. This coupe is my 5th Honda. I have owned a 1990 Civic, a 1997 Civic, a 2002 Accord, a 2014 Accord Sedan, and now a 2014 Accord Coupe.

My 8th Honda (my 5th Accord)
By accdguy13 on 06/20/14 18:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 5th Accord (an EX-L coupe with Navigation ) this past month. The 9th generation Accord is different from the 8th generation (2008-2012) model in every possible way mechanically. The current Accord features electric steering versus the prior models power hydraulic system, the double wishbone suspension gone in favor of a new strut based suspension. The traditional geared automatic - gone in favor of a CVT (gear-less belt driven) transmission. The engine features Honda's first direct injection system instead of port injection. Add all of this together- and it's a vastly different Accord (yet seems to retain the most loved attributes of all Accords since is 1976 introduction.

I just don't get it...
By glastonbury on 12/21/13 07:26 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2014 EX-L Accord that 15 years ago would have been pure fantasy (esp,, the gas mileage, engine technology, etc). I just don't see where you can nit-pick too much an a car that was built with the minds of a likely very anal retentive group of designers. Here are a few sill examples: 1) On the shift handle, the button you depress initially felt kinda chintzy; however, over time you realize the lightness of design makes it just a little bit easier to depress - it almost floats. I think this design esthetic pervades the car. It seems like everything works very well.