Used 2014 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Jim's review of Pre-owned 2014 Honda Accord Coupe
By Jim Esposito

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great car with some quality issues.
By Keith McDaniels

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car drives nice,"a little stiff on the suspension," but makes up for the stiffness in handling. Fuel economy is great as well. Setting the cruise at 75 on the highway I average 37 MPG, which I feel is great!
Now for the bad. I have approximately 25,000 miles on the car and the drivers seat carries the look of 100,000 mile car:( The pandora app is also a hassle. One stereo was replaced and the new stereo is troublesome as well. Freezes like a computer, disconnects during phone calls, and often have to either shut the car off or turn off blue tooth and turn it back on to get the features to work. Definitely is less hands free than I had hoped!

Incredibly impressed with this car
By adaminwestdale

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As with every Honda I've ever owned, this car does everything just as it should. It is beyond reliable, incredibly comfortable, handles great, is powerful and yet returns pretty impressive fuel economy for a V6. It turns heads everywhere I go - thanks to the Tiger-Eye Pearl (metallic brown) paint job and the beautiful two-tone leather interior.

But more than all of that, I was so impressed by the technology (lane-watch camera, front collision warning, land departure warning) that I actually convinced my partner to replace an aging Hyundai Santa Fe with a new 2015 CRV Touring to get the same (plus even more) safety technology.

Lane-watch camera is great for changing lanes of course but also for spotting cyclists and pedestrians in an urban setting. The styling is more refined than the last version which seemed a little chunkier and I always have people telling me at stoplights that they thought it was a BMW.

I wish it had adaptive cruise control and a blind-spot indicator for the driver's side. A heated steering wheel (Canada here) and a power passenger's seat would be nice additional bonuses in an already luxurious vehicle. The navigation/audio/information package is great but the voice controls are not nearly as useful, intuitive or accurate as they are in the Ford system. I can never get it to recognize my phone call requests.

Maybe I bought a Honda, expecting an Acura?
By josh2014

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Accord Coupe in the beginning of November and got a great deal on it. I went looking to buy a black 4-Door with black interior. Left with a white 2-Door and Tan Interior. Seen it and absolutely loved it. And I still do. It has almost 5,000 miles on it now. I regret buying a 2-door but, that's my fault. I had problems with the brakes sticking when I first got it, and I'm going in Friday to have the "shimmy" checked out, that I've had in it sense day 1. This is a great car with great mpg, but I feel the build quality isn't that great compared to my old 2005 Maxima that I had. Already have several rattles, and the electric steering now makes a quiet tick when turning left.

love the way it looks. Love the interior design and 8 inch screen. Has so many features for a base model and price. Love the gauges. Paddle shifters. Duel zone automatic climate control. Large trunk for a 2-door. I have no problem fitting my luggage and a friends, for a weekend trip. Gas mileage is great, and gets better every tank.

Build quality. Fix the rattles, and vibrations. Wish my LX-S had garage homelink. Ride is very stiff, but maybe only the coupes are like that? CVT is shaky and jittery under light acceleration, and stopping slowly. I will most likely trade this car in this time next year for an Accord EX-L V6 sedan.

Just keeps getting better.
By pmpetersen

2014 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 4th new accord I have purchased. My first one faithfully served for 18 years and I am finishing my 7th year with my third. #2 got totaled at 12 years of age. The improvements in noise and fuel economy compared to the 8th generation is nothing short of astounding. Computer regularly shows 36 on the highway and averages overall about 29.

The CVT with paddle shifters is really smooth in operation always having the correct ratio. I love clicking the negative paddle to increase the engine braking when going down hills and off ramps. Sport mode brings the engine to life for twisties. A manual will always be more fun but living in PDX metro area traffic is too frequent for it.

Info display in center of speedometer is always clear and readable in any light. Smart CVT geared automatics are so old fashioned. Noise control, economy. Seat simple adjustments and comfort.

O wish Honda would quit cutting features that add no cost like window roll down with the remote. Also a car has Automatic climate control but no heat to the mirrors? Control buttons on doors are mounted unnaturally too far to the rear of the car for easy operation. Center display (radio) has lots of blank space on most screens. Another screen displaying Radio and current eco info would have been more useful than having to toggle through them.