The CVT is disappointing
By kkuhns on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I had high expectations and have been disappointed. The CVT is jerky and stutters when accelerating at in-town speeds. The dealer checked and it shows no codes, so is within specs. But with the occasional stuttering/jerky CVT, and the stiffer struts, the overall driving experience less than desirable. I'm sorry I didn't detect these things in the test drive. On the positive side, the gas mileage is as good as advertised, or better (w/ the 4 cyli). The interior is nice and roomy, front and back. The bluetooth/phone interface is great and works well. Overall, I would not recommend this car, unless the CVT issue and the stiff ride don't bother you.
Favorite Features
The driving controls on the steering wheel along with the excellent bluetooth interface with my phone and the hands-free driving experience is nice. I was talking on my cell as I walked to the car one day, got in and started the car, and the call seamlessly transferred to the car audio system. Nice. The Pandora interface is nice, and all of the controls are very usable. I also really like getting 35 to 38 MPG overall on my commute. I drive around 85% highway.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the CVT to not jerk/sutter while accelerating. Decelerating is OK sometimes, but even that can be a bit jerky. It happens most often when driving slowly, around 5-10 MPH, and then gradually accelerating from there, like when you go around a corner in town. The struts are tight and it does not have an absorbing ride on regular road bumps. I never had a Honda before, but from what I read, the previous suspension was better. I've heard two people say they had a problem with their stereo/electronics temporarily freaking out on a cold morning, but then working again after a few restarts. Sporadic issue. Mine is fine so far. Given the above, I'm concerned about future reliability.
By brymil2
on 06/07/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

I also have the jerkiness in the CVT trans. No codes and fluid level is fine. I regret having bought the car. My concern is not so much the jerkiness but how others will perceive it when I go to sell it some day. Will they think the trans is acting up? So, unless Honda addresses this issue I am afraid my resale value has already taken a hit.