2012 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2012 Honda Accord SE 4 Dr
By palmblue on 04/09/14 12:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car and have had it more than a year. I see other complaint like the seats but you can push the button for the lumbar to go all the way back so you dont feel and it is fine. I have driven for 5 hour trips and I am fine in this car and comfortable more than other cars I have driven and same with my wife. I also like the road feel of the car so it truly is a drivers car with great handling and responsiveness. The car is a sleeper and the vtech ready to unleash its inner beast anytime you have need for the extra punch and nice exhaust sounds. Honda's are just all around great cars and no issues and I drive rough and still cant break it.

Nice car ...
By mikes2012honda on 11/25/12 15:49 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...plagued with a high-speed front end shimmy. Our 2012 SE automatic runs and drives great at any speed except between 60-70mph (and above) ...the interstate cruising range. At 3500 miles our car went to the dealer to remedy a healthy 65mph shimmy but to no avail; it's going back again. Before you buy this car, check out the large number of '11 and '12 model year owners who are battling with Honda trying to get their cars to quit shimmying at freeway speeds. Check here on Edmunds ...there's a bunch ...and do an online search. I am hoping our car can be fixed. With the shimmy, the "fun to drive" quotient takes a big hit.

Not Understanding Other Reviews
By trafficfdr on 11/25/12 01:19 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a Honda Lifer, I just traded in my '07 Accord lx 4cyl for a 12 Accord se 4 cyl, such a drastic improvement. I wasn't going to be priced gouged by the '13 model. I always figured you get a car with the bugs worked out over the newest toy. OK, the SE model has a power driver's seat, maybe the others cannot adjust the seat and it bothers them, no problem here or with the wife. Noise, no prob's either. Braking, same no complaints. I undetstand that previous years had them. Solid car all around. I was able to get this car for a bargain with the newer model on sale now. Grade "A" vehicle.

Road Noise resonates inside the cabin
By nnima on 09/02/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 2012 SE model here in Toronto, Canada, we don't get the leather seats for the SE model here but we get bluetooth instead, no idea why tho, anyway, The car looks okay (better than Camry) has good leg room in the back (Unlike Camry) and despite everyone complaining about the seats has very comfortable seats if you ask me, the problem is road noise on the highway, it drives you crazy, you can barely hear other passengers talking to you when you are doing 100 KM/h (60 mph) on cement highway, the tire thrum, road noise and wind noise resonates inside the cabin like it's a tin can being rolled on the highway and you are inside it!

The most uncomfortable seats
By remiszj on 08/26/12 17:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has the most uncomfortable seats of anything that we ever tried. Our short test drive wasn't enough to set the alarm, but my wife commutes 140 miles a day and after the first day complained about very uncomfortable seats. After two weeks of driving my wife couldn’t take it any more with severe back pain, so I started suffering in this brand new Accord. I tried every combination of settings of this power seat, but no matter what I did there was annoying hump sticking out above the lumbar area. When driving for more than just a few miles you can't stop switching position in search for a more comfortable one. I’m 5’11” 170 lb, and my wife is 5’5” 130 lb so we don’t carry extra weight.

Best Car for the Value
By gooddriver on 11/12/11 15:05 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After careful consideration, I ended up with an 2012 Accord SE. I had a 2006 SE which I hand it to my teenager. The new SE is even better and with more standard options, like heated leather seats and power seat. I compared this car to 2012 Camry, and Acura TL., okay TL is not in the same class, but there is nothing less that SE offers for substantially less price, and you don't have to worry about a timing belt that the TL (and all 6 cyl. Hondas have). The new SE has plenty of power, nice tight ride, beautiful and logically layout dash, and controls. I just finished the first tank of gas, and got about 30 MPG, in combined driving, same as my 2006. So, the SE is the best choice I say.

Honda Accord SE'12
By n_k on 10/10/11 19:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Super Smooth engine, refined ride quality. Respectable fuel economy from a 5 speed trans. Surprising that both 177HP and 190HP 4cyl share same fuel economy. Leather trim looks/feels sharp. Torque on up-hill start tends to kick-in at higher RPM's.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*