2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Very nice car

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX-S Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Very nice car
By very nice car on

2009 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I waited till I had about 1,500 miles on my car before evaluating it, and I can say, it is still my favorite car that I've ever owned. I had a 1994 Integra before this, and this is worlds apart in comfort, ride, noise (lack of), and style. It doesn't corner like a 2700 pound integra, but it still handles better than most 3500 pound cars. I got a manual, and it's the smoothest one I've ever used. I was surprised to find that the gear ratios for the manual are similar to the automatic, so there's not much difference in performance. The only "fit and finish" problem I have is the trunk lid is little lower on one side.

Steering wheel mounted radio controls, windows you can roll down with the key fob, interior and exterior styling.

Shorter, closer gear ratios in the manual transmission. Acura changed to more aggressive gear ratios in some models this year, and picked up a few tenths of a second getting to 60 mph, without any engine changes.