Used 2000 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

goodbuy
By Jack Christopherson

Its a great car.

300k and Still Going...
By Trace

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used over a year ago with 275k miles. I now have 305k miles with no problems! When I bought it the only thing wrong with it was an oil leak. Ended up being the Variable Timing Valve Solenoid seal due to the previous owner adding too much oil during an oil change. I drive 50+ miles a day to school and back and have never had a problem. Seats 5 grown adults without much of a problem. Original engine/transmission. I wish Honda still made their vehicles like they used to.

Love, love, love Wanda the Honda!
By Julie

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Ok, a disclaimer. I bought this car with 40K miles on it when it was 10 years old from a trust company. They had put a new timing belt on it (due to age). I drove it for 15K miles and the tranny went out because the original owner did not follow through with the recall since she was not having any problems. THAT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH THE CAR!!! You know you truly love a car when you name it. I have had Wanda for five years now and have no plans to sell her. She has 140K miles now, and hopefully will go much farther. She gets the oil changed frequently (every 3,000 t 5,000 miles). These are GREAT cars, other than the transmission issues. Once those are fixed, they keep on going!

Stay away from this one
By Matthew Hamann

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

While Accords are typically reliable cars, they seem to have frequent transmission problems. Unless you find one of these for dirt cheap (including an already rebuilt transmission), I suggest looking for a different car entirely. My 2000 Accord got to about 130,000 and suddenly developed severe transmission issues. It's now approaching 140,000 and I'm still driving it 20+ miles to work every day, but every day I get in, I wonder if it will make it home. I asked Honda for some good-will in helping me fix the transmission (even a discount would've been fine!) since these cars are known for their transmission woes, but they flatly declined. I don't see myself buying another Honda.

Gets from point A to point B. Handles well. Otherwise, there's not much else to love.

There are no LATCH-equipped seats, so this is not a good car for those with infants and small children. Monetary transmission-fixing assistance should be offered by Honda.

I Love My Car. 15 Years in the Family and No Issues
By kobiewan

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Despite these accords having transmission failures through the roof, the point it that they are very reliable cars. Most of the issues emerged at 70-100k miles, which is why Honda extended the warranty on the drivetrain. My automatic is at 173k miles on the original transmission. Yes I did get lucky. I have been through a few axles, a radiator, and a power steering pump and 3 timing belts. However, with routine maintenance and possibly one transmission rebuild for some of you these cars will last a long time. Just remember, if you get a good quality rebuild the transmission should last longer than the original. Don't be cheap or go to aamco. Do your research.

The handling is great. Excellent Reliability. High end torque helps on the highway.

Stronger transmissions. Car is slightly clumsy on highways.

• SUV