1990 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I love my doofy!!
By mona_hoyulea on 02/13/12 21:33 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Yes, you read that right, my car's name is doofy. My car is over 20yrs old at this point, almost as old as i am, and runs like a dream!!! This car has raised my expectations of all cars! My doofy has about 210k miles on it with no problem in sight... in fact the guy i bought it from had drove it non-stop from washington state to florida without any problems, 2yrs ago!! How many 20yr old cars would you do that in?! Only this one!!! At this point and age, yes it may need a paint job... but the engine on these cars are amazing, if you have the chance to buy one, I'd say you are not wasting ur money.... and you will probably be driving it for another 20 yrs!!!

90 Honda Accord
By Naomi on 02/13/10 15:47 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

We purchased this car back in March of 2004. It has been very reliable up until last year. Eventually sold it at 190,000 miles to someone who likes to fix old cars up, but it was still running ok when sold. I was very happy with this car when I had it.

Lot of miles but a lot of love!
By Happy! on 05/05/09 04:11 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car is great!! I purchased it with 189,000 miles when it was 20 years old. And it still starts and runs amazingly! It gets great gas mileage and great acceleration all at the same time! Extremely low mileage, awesome first car!

Fabulous Car!!!
By boiseblonde on 04/09/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

We've got 255,000+ miles on this car and I'm confident it will be running for a good time longer! We've had very minimal and cheap repairs because it has been well-maintained for many years. It runs really strong going up hills, picks up speed quickly, is quiet and comfortable! It handles superbly in icy/wet conditions. I have been impressed over and over with this car! I have such peace of mind knowing I won't be stranded, since I travel long distances frequently. I'll buy Honda again!

Could it get any better?
By Harmony on 02/23/09 09:02 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

We've just celebrated 19 years together and hoping for many more. This car just runs and runs - nothing but routine maintenance. Over the years there have been several brake jobs, a set of CV boots, a new radiator, several sets of Michelins (only way to go for the original feel), two timing belts, and new motor mounts. I have averaged just about $250 per year over the life of the car. Radio, tape deck, clock and AC work great - usually the first things to go! I'd add a CD, except I don't want to ruin the ambiance. Every year I go test drive new cars and decide I'm not ready to part with this one. The kids have given up on inheriting it any time soon.

The Old Girl!
By TOG's Mom on 11/16/08 14:04 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I affectionately refer to my 1990 Honda Accord as, "The Old Girl" or TOG for short! I purchased her new in August of 1990. She's had her ailments throughout the years due to wear and tear, but has surpassed any vehicle I've ever owned. She is GREAT on gas and has just about the same pick-up as my 2005 Acura TSX! After coming from a 1986 Oldsmobile that needed 4 transmissions, torque converter, etc., my first little Honda Accord coupe has sold me on Hondas for the rest of my life!

Any time anywhere
By First lady eve on 07/18/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I love my car. She's always ready to go. She's more reliable than any person I know and she's going on 19 yrs old. typical service things have gone. I recently had to replace the clutch. But there have been no major issues

My first is 18 yrs old..
By Richardj on 06/02/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This my first car in Canada since I just arrived here, for 2 months I am using it I really am impressed on its performance it doesn't give me any problem yet, but I can feel that it will go along way, just got a change oil, power steering fluid changed and wiper blades changed. Thanks Honda for making me feel that I did the right choice.

Still loving it
By kimmo on 05/31/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought new as a demo. Even after 18 years with it being stolen twice, almost totaled once and with two other accidents, this car is super dependable. The exterior, interior, and engine have all held up well with regular maintenance. New radiator, three batteries, two brake jobs, a couple of power steering repairs from leaks, CVs, a new gas tank (service stripped plug!) plus maintenance is about all this car has cost me. I can't justify anything newer as this one keeps going & going and she still looks awesome! I use my AAA for my friend's newer car troubles. I can't believe I get offers from others now to buy my car. I think it has turned into a classic.

ok
By ok on 10/29/06 16:59 PM (PST)

i had the car for 1 year and never had trouble with it and love driving it