Used 1995 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Intake Manifold Gasket
By really_big_j

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck because it had a completely new engine due to an intake manifold gasket failure. To my chagrin, I've replaced that same suspect gasket 3 more times. It's a design flaw, which GM is happy to exploit.

none

Engineer a solution to the know intake manifold problem, which will stick after the repair.

Very Reliable
By Tom Tearney

1995 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has always run very well and I have performed routine maintenance since I purchased it. I use synthetic motor oil and transmission fluid. With 203,000 miles it still runs quiet in the city and highway. I get 19 mpg highway and 14 mpg city. We have thought about getting rid of it but it is now a great third vehicle that serves many purposes.

Reliability and hauling capabilities for people and cargo.

1995 Yukon
By Capt2u

1995 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great SUV, 156K and going. I've owned it for 10 years, replaced the starter, radiator, alt. regular oil changes and tires thats it! Drive it all over the western U.S. Hauls the boat kids etc. If you need a relaible people moving go to the fun truck, buy one of these!

Space for 5, with toys. Good sound system. Cup holders

More acceleration. Better fuel mileage, but if you have to carry a family, it's the cost of doing business

Yukon Pride
By terri

1995 GMC Yukon 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Yukon brand new; just off the truck. We had to go looking for it, because they were new on the market and everyone was wanting one. We have never regreted it. They do not make the 2dr type any more, it is a classic. I have received numerous compliements on the great sporty look it has. It has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. It has leather interior and still a nice looking vehicle. I was hit from behind once and the Yukon was tough and did not sustain much damage even though the lady that hit me with a Suburban had tremendous damage.

I love the way you sit up high, and it is small enough you don't feel like you are driving a bus.

The air conditioning vents were not well thought out because it seems like the driver does not get adequate air. It seems like the passenger is cold and the driver is hot.

It Won't Die
By Georgian

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

Prior to my possesion, the trans. just basically collapsed. I had the entire trans. replaced & i haven't had any trouble with it since. The space is above and beyond. Recently I went to go pick up a Double-size mattress. I wasn't quite sure if I would fit, but I took the risk, and sure enough, both the box springs and mattress fit perfectly!

The Spacious interior and bold exterior, this thing can take a beating.

All the ones i have can be found in the newer models (i.e. sunroof, better stereo, heated seats, etc...)