1995 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Intake Manifold Gasket
By really_big_j on 09/04/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck because it had a completely new engine due to an intake manifold gasket failure. To my chagrin, I've replaced that same suspect gasket 3 more times. It's a design flaw, which GM is happy to exploit.

Very Reliable
By Tom Tearney on 01/01/08 07:44 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has always run very well and I have performed routine maintenance since I purchased it. I use synthetic motor oil and transmission fluid. With 203,000 miles it still runs quiet in the city and highway. I get 19 mpg highway and 14 mpg city. We have thought about getting rid of it but it is now a great third vehicle that serves many purposes.

1995 Yukon
By Capt2u on 05/10/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great SUV, 156K and going. I've owned it for 10 years, replaced the starter, radiator, alt. regular oil changes and tires thats it! Drive it all over the western U.S. Hauls the boat kids etc. If you need a relaible people moving go to the fun truck, buy one of these!

Yukon Pride
By terri on 10/21/06 09:36 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Yukon brand new; just off the truck. We had to go looking for it, because they were new on the market and everyone was wanting one. We have never regreted it. They do not make the 2dr type any more, it is a classic. I have received numerous compliements on the great sporty look it has. It has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. It has leather interior and still a nice looking vehicle. I was hit from behind once and the Yukon was tough and did not sustain much damage even though the lady that hit me with a Suburban had tremendous damage.

It Won't Die
By Georgian on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

Prior to my possesion, the trans. just basically collapsed. I had the entire trans. replaced & i haven't had any trouble with it since. The space is above and beyond. Recently I went to go pick up a Double-size mattress. I wasn't quite sure if I would fit, but I took the risk, and sure enough, both the box springs and mattress fit perfectly!

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin
By Yukon SS on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

Over all this has been the best truck i have ever owned. It has major potential to be anything that you want it to be. Great porformance and great towing. Very easy to see and handles like a car. I cant resist to upgrade and soup up the engine. Overall it is a truck with major potential. My yukon has 165,000 miles on it and still no problems. Sounds great with 40 series flowmasters.

Good truck
By brockketcher on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my yukon with 50,000 miles. It has a diesel engine. I now have 150,000 + miles, with exception of about $3000 in up keep (seals, idler arms, etc...) I have not had many problems.

Takes a lick'n & keeps on tick'n
By v ohare on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the Yukon new between X-Mas & New Year '94. Best vehicle we've ever owned. While the gas mileage isn't great at 15 MPG the maintenance has been nil. I track cost per mile on maintenance and repair and this is, by far, the best rig we'ver ever owned. As an example, until 80K miles our repair cost totaled $140.00 (an electrical switch). Had a choice of a company car, any American made vehicle, I chose another Yukon. Americans can build great vehicles and this is one.

A Reliable Performer
By Yukon777 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle new, after it sat in the dealer's lot for a year. The replacement of various gaskets and severe corrosion in ignition coil have only been my high price maintenance items. In all, I have spent about $6,000 maintaining this vehicle over its first 80,000 miles.

Don's review
By thdon on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV

My experience has been excellent. The Yukon has been a dependable workhorse with a minimum of problems. And the problems were worked out very well by the dealer.