2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:
Great SUV
By Scooter on 04/14/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in our 99 Suburban for this car. All I can say is that this is the best SUV on the market. You can comfortably drive all the way to Canada From Texas, or pull a good size trailer, or even pull someome out of a ditch. It does everything superbly. Itevens handles deer remarkably well. We hit one near San Angelo going 70 and the massive bumper stopped the deer from damaging much. All that suffered was the grill and turn signal. I would definitly buy one again.

Like A Luxury Sedan
By T Vandivort on 02/11/05 14:47 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The main feature of a Yukon Denali XL is its size, which is very comodious. We've taken trips of 400+ miles with six people and all their gear, including Christmas presents, and not filled the cargo area yet. The seats are comfortable with plenty of variation in lumbar and thigh support and lots of legroom. Other very surprising positives are the handling and ride, which are like a luxury passenger car.

Too many problems for $40,000+
By DriverDave on 01/18/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car was fine the first year and a half but then the problems started. The digital dash lights that let you know if the car is in drive etc went out at a cost of up to $1000. My husband has not had it repaired yet-he says he'll go without at that price. Then the car would not start when there was less than a 1/4 tank of gas-new fuel pump for $600. Now the newest problem is the lights; they are totally going off when you go to bright and will not go back on. I drove home with no lights last night in the dark when it happened to me. Another bad point is the front seats reclining only 1/4 of the way back to a less than comfortable postion. The brakes are much improved over our 99.

my gmc
By Nam's YUK on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives like a car. Has nice turning radius. Great leather seats(8). Great interior flexibility. Wife loves driving it.

Me and my big truck
By Jeff Nichols on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Picked up my 2002 GMC Yukon XL and have never missed a beat. Truck is huge but handles like a smaller SUV. Surprised by the excellent engine performance. Many trips over mountain passes loaded with family and gear, nothing but passing other cars.

poor performance
By cantonga on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

car needs its third time in shop for same problem of low power or skipping engine. Replaced fuel pump twice and now feels like a lemon.

One good vehicle
By bpb on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. I intend to get another one just as soon as I can afford it!

Yukon XL
By Jnicho on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed my GMC Yukon XL. Amazing amount of space AND it is a great hiway cruiser. We leave the Honda at home for all trips. Engine is strong for all ski trips. Could be more innovative on interior appointments and design.

Goodbye Dodge Durango...Hello Gmc Yukon!
By gmc convert on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

As a previous owner of a 99 Durango with all the toys. I found My 02 Denali XL to be more enjoyable to drive. The fuel milage was the same with the 6 liter Yukon as it was with my much smaller 5.2 liter Durango. The ride is super and I love my Yukon from the roomy trunk to the leather interior with the Bose audio system, all the way up to the 6 liter engine that pulls my ski boat with not even a wimper.

Great Ride
By Bradensdad on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 GMC Yukon XL SUV 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ride is great, Dealer has been wonderful to work with and very customer friendly. Passenger seat is not the best on a long ride and can cause some back pain if you are suscepti ble to same.