2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
good from far , far from good
By brent on 12/06/09 11:46 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello viewers , please take notes before going out and purchasing one of the cheapest poor quality trucks gm has ever build . This is my fourth gm truck in ten years. I've had my 07 sierra for two years and was very pleased with everything that it had offered . Two years later or 16000 miles later the interior is falling apart, deep rust has started behind the door weather molding, rattles and squeaks while you drive . Truck is garage kept and well maintained . And I don't even have kids jumping in and out of it . Bottom line is Ive have always loved and stood behind gm vehicles for twelve years . But this is truley a poor professional grade. Oh and good luck with any warranty work .

awesome redesign style
By my07sierra4x4 on 03/18/09 23:00 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i recently purchased this 97 crew cab. it is awesome. traded in my 99 classic style sierra 1500 which i purchased new in 99. this truck is much better in style and power than my classic 99.i owned the 99 for 10 yrs and hardly ever had a problem with it. thats what sold me on staying with the gmc. was looking at switching to the new tundra until gmc changed the style of the new sierra. it is awesome. a real mans truck now.

A New Generation of Quality
By rick_hynes on 11/18/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for just about a year, it replaced a 2002 Chevy Silverado. Nimble footed, powerful,well able to keep up with daily work requirements and still feel like you riding in a luxury SUV. Power to spare when towing (we have a 28' power boat) you have to look in the rear view to remind yourself the boat and trailer are still there. Mileage is great hwy/city. thus far very pleased with the choice of GMC.

Solid truck
By Pulls a lot on 10/02/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Good solid truck. Looks good going down the road drives even better handles well. The leather interior worth every penney. We us it for our buisiness and pull a trailer often. It pulls like there is nothing behind it. It also pulls our RV agian sometimes I forget I have the trailer hooked up strong truck. I wanted the 6.0 but the dealer could not find one that met my other requirements. Smaller engine pulls well but works hard on grades.Cab is so air tight that I have to roll the windows down to close the doors to keep them from rattling.

No complaints - Great truck
By Brad on 09/07/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I looked forward to this truck arriving and haven't been disappointed. I like everything about my truck. Size, handling, performance. I am in the process of customizing the truck and there's not a lot I have to do. From four wheeling in the snow to pulling a large trailer to zipping down the highway, this truck's got getup and control. The only complaint I have is that the bottm half of the fuel tank disappears in a hurry, but for a 5.3 it's not all that bad. So far I've only experienced minor adjustments.

Disappointing
By Uneasy on 05/10/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned an F150 that had no problems at all. This was my first GM product. When the honeymoon period wore off, it lost its luster. The heater fan quit in the dead of winter, and the transmission needed to be worked on. Both repairs left me with loaner vehicles for a long period of time. Not convienent. I guess my first GM experience hasn't sold on me.

Good truck for everyday life!
By Rosco on 05/02/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck new in late of 07 and loved the body style. I have owned Chevrolet trucks before and this is my first GMC truck and I love it. Sad to say a woman ran a red light four months ago and took my bumper and grille off it wasnt bad damage just cosmetic. When the woman hit me at 55mph it felt like I hit a pot hole it, I had to make sure I was hit. This truck took a hit and kept on going the body and frame is so strong and well built, I have it back now and I missed it very much. I have the 4.8 engine and was cautious about the engine since my last truck had a 350 and was a powerhouse but the engine has really been great. This truck is my favorite I plan to keep it a long time.

Flat spot on crankshaft
By L. Gebhardt on 04/29/08 00:15 AM (PDT)

Gmc decided to fix enginne instead of replacing truck, it had about 2000 miles on it when problem first appeared. It sounded like a vibration coming from exhaughst system, mechanics knew what problem was as soon as they heard it. Flat spot on crankcase. Rebuilt lower end, and gave me a 6 year 90000 mile warranty. BIG DEAL.

Better than Expected
By Brad on 04/23/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The interior is the best I have ever seen in a pickup. The ride is strong and smooth and the steering tight. I have the Z71 2WD so it looks like a 4wd but cost a lot less. I added a K&N airfilter, flowmaster exhaust and a leveling kit to add almost 2 inches of lift to the front end. It looks and sounds great and everyone always tells me how much they like the truck. The bottom line is this is the best all around truck I have ever driven.

Sweet truck, high price
By sweettruck on 04/12/08 15:14 PM (PDT)

I bought the performance package which came with 20" wheels. Great traction on snow, ice, rain and dry pavement. Excellent acceleration. Definitely great fuel economy.