Used 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

good from far , far from good
By brent

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hello viewers , please take notes before going out and purchasing one of the cheapest poor quality trucks gm has ever build . This is my fourth gm truck in ten years. I've had my 07 sierra for two years and was very pleased with everything that it had offered . Two years later or 16000 miles later the interior is falling apart, deep rust has started behind the door weather molding, rattles and squeaks while you drive . Truck is garage kept and well maintained . And I don't even have kids jumping in and out of it . Bottom line is Ive have always loved and stood behind gm vehicles for twelve years . But this is truley a poor professional grade. Oh and good luck with any warranty work .

Body style , interior (design) , performance and comfort

upgrade to a better grade of interior instead of cheap whatever. Seats that are easier to clean. focus on the bad rust problem behind the door weather striping . and last would be to take pride in your vehicles like it was back then

awesome redesign style
By my07sierra4x4

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i recently purchased this 97 crew cab. it is awesome. traded in my 99 classic style sierra 1500 which i purchased new in 99. this truck is much better in style and power than my classic 99.i owned the 99 for 10 yrs and hardly ever had a problem with it. thats what sold me on staying with the gmc. was looking at switching to the new tundra until gmc changed the style of the new sierra. it is awesome. a real mans truck now.

leather power seats,dual climate control,steering wheel controls for stereo,power sliding rear window, awesome chrome 20 inch wheels.

better fuel economy

A New Generation of Quality
By rick_hynes

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for just about a year, it replaced a 2002 Chevy Silverado. Nimble footed, powerful,well able to keep up with daily work requirements and still feel like you riding in a luxury SUV. Power to spare when towing (we have a 28' power boat) you have to look in the rear view to remind yourself the boat and trailer are still there. Mileage is great hwy/city. thus far very pleased with the choice of GMC.

Towing power, fuel economy, styling, interior fit/finish/comfort.

Lockable tailgate standard option (purchased dealer option)

Solid truck
By Pulls a lot

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Good solid truck. Looks good going down the road drives even better handles well. The leather interior worth every penney. We us it for our buisiness and pull a trailer often. It pulls like there is nothing behind it. It also pulls our RV agian sometimes I forget I have the trailer hooked up strong truck. I wanted the 6.0 but the dealer could not find one that met my other requirements. Smaller engine pulls well but works hard on grades.Cab is so air tight that I have to roll the windows down to close the doors to keep them from rattling.

Interior, remote start, heated seats

Fix the doors so they don't rattle. Rear seat back needs to fold down. Center consold has gap and papers slide behind it.

No complaints - Great truck
By Brad

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE2 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I looked forward to this truck arriving and haven't been disappointed. I like everything about my truck. Size, handling, performance. I am in the process of customizing the truck and there's not a lot I have to do. From four wheeling in the snow to pulling a large trailer to zipping down the highway, this truck's got getup and control. The only complaint I have is that the bottm half of the fuel tank disappears in a hurry, but for a 5.3 it's not all that bad. So far I've only experienced minor adjustments.

I love the lines on the body of this truck. Everything fits well and symmetrical.

Cloth seats are a lint magnet. Armrest too low.