Used 2004 GMC Savana Cargo Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Savana Cargo Van

View reviews for a specific Savana Cargo model:

Lemon cargo vans
By kelly

2004 GMC Savana Cargo Van 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been nothing but problems. Within the 8 mos. of owning this van, both front bearings had to be replaced, the alignment was wrong from the factory, the rear seal is now leaking. The lifters tick. The wiring harness fell out from underneath the passenger side of the dash. The steering has made noise from day 1, and it happens everytime the wheel is turned. I've consulted with many other expediting company owners and they gave the same outlook on these 2004 GMC vans. One word sums it up, JUNK.

Favorite Features

The only good feature is the power of the engine.

Suggested Improvements

GMC needs to stand behind their product and just recall these 2004 GMC savanna vans and figure out what they did wrong. Because they are a waist of money for the business owners that depend on them to keep business running.

GMC Savana Cargo
By bob998

2004 GMC Savana Cargo Van 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just a great van -- no noises, 2500 lb payload, 20 MPG on the hwy, four wheel disk ABS brakes stop great. Rack and pinion steering handles like a car.

Favorite Features

4.3L six and 4 speed transmission with tow/haul switch. Smooth, economical, with great low end torque -- perfect drive train for this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

none

better than ford
By leif lenberg

2004 GMC Savana Cargo Van 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 2 ford cargo vans, extended cab, and so far this chevrolet savana beats them both. I like the power, and the size best.

Favorite Features

I like the power and the size best. We do replacement windows and I tow a trailer with it. It has not let me down yet.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage is the the only thing I can think of that would make me even happier, but I suppose you could say that about any vehicle.