2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Consumer Review: Ford Fanatic

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe - Consumer Review

Ford Fanatic
By Ford Fanatic on

2008 Ford Shelby GT500 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car costs too much for what I will see in my lifetime. Performance was disappointing on purchase, but it has started to show some potential as it breaks in. I only have 500 miles on it, I do plan to upgrade the performance in the future without sacrificing the ability to restore it to original, should some weak person choose to do so. This car is a blast to drive, buts needs a little more power to back up its image. (It does not like to be power shifted). My first car was a 63 Falcon convertible that I "Cobra-ized", and will be with me until I die. This GT-500 has the potential to be just as addictive as my first of my 14 Fords. After 45 years, I still get a smile on my face with Ford.

Highway mileage good. Torque excellent. Attention getter even while parked. Driveability is excellent, and the navigation system is impressive in it's abilities. This is a fun car, meant to be driven, not memorialized as a garage queen.

Heavy car, could use more power to sustain super performance image. This can be accomplished by the owner using factory parts. Listen Ford! Looks and power on one or more models will help all your sales. GM forgot.