1994 Ford Probe Consumer Review: I LOVED this car

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

I LOVED this car
By nunyerbiz on

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Recently retired my 94 Probe GT. I bought it in spring of '95 and put over 100,000 miles on it in 8 years. Almost scary acceleration, when properly tuned (with the 5 speed manual). Insane handling abilities. I've only had a few major repairs, but they were all VERY expensive. After 8 years, the amount of parts that needed replacement simply made it impractical to keep driving. I needed a new clutch (115000+ miles on the original isn't shabby tho), new drive axle, new brakes, new moonroof, etc.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced sports car, find a late 90's Probe GT with low to moderate mileage. It's simply an incredible car to drive. It has handling characteristics that can't be matched and power that's hard to find at a comparable price.

Even with TLC and regular maintenance, my GT did loose a bit of it's pep at around 80,000 miles, but that can be expected with the high RPM's the 2.5L is regulary subjected to. Also, after about 5-6 years the interior did develop a number of rattles and squeaks.