Used 2014 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

RECALL**ALL Mustang Airbags could kill if deployed
By Unimpressed with Ford Safety Recall

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ford informed all Mustang (and potentially other makes and models) owners in June 2015 that the airbags need to be replaced. Since, I have been calling to see where they are at on this situation as I do not want my children in the car, let alone myself, where the very function that is supposed to help you in an accident, "could result in serious injury or death" (as stated directly in the 2nd recall letter I received last week. I called Fords service division to discuss what they will be doing for their customers, and they said nothing but simply having us "wait another 6 months for the part to slowly come in." As the service lady stated on the phone to me. I think this is very irresponsible on Ford's part. Having their customers drive around a car that could put them at greater risk in an accident than the very accident itself. I feel it is unfair as a customer to be forced to drive under these conditions, or choose to sell or leave the car in the garage knowing the risks of driving it. Ford should allow customers who bought cars to return them or provide us with safer vehicles in the meantime until these issues are fixed.

My "Gotta Have It Green" Dream
By Magicsky@hotmail.com

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Mustang fan, and this 2014 model is as close to perfect for me as I could get. I purchased this convertible with 32,000 miles on it and have since put about 20,000 miles on it. It is very difficult for me to let it stand still in the garage. I love driving this car so much. I have driven a pick up, an economy car, luxury car and German sports car, and the Mustang is the best road handling of the bunch. The acceleration is incredible, the braking is strong, and the fuel economy averages about 23-24 in town. Driving with the top down brings you much closer to nature especially living in a place like Central Florida. It can get super hot outside, but it is difficult or me to not want to put the top down. This car definitely draws the looks of passers by and the admiration of others who have not realized their dream of Mustang ownership. So far, I have not had any mechanical issues to attend to. I purchased a Ford Factory Extended Warranty and so far it has gone unused.

Dream Car
By dman36

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned and driven a lot of cars over the years but this is " the one".

The ride and the way it drives.

None.

My dream car!
By parichino

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my eye on Mustangs for years and now finally bought my dream car, and not disappointed. It exceeds every expectation. LOVE THIS CAR!

It's got enough umph but also enough gas mileage (averaging 24). Just the right balance. Best thing about this car is that it's super good-looking and just downright FUN FUN FUN to drive!

You can't go wrong. It's not perfect in every way but still head-over-heals in love with this car! Oh, and did I mention that I love this car?

Brushed-aluminum and stitched black leather combo in the interior on the premium. Mine has the comfort package with heated seats (a little weak - you feel a small bit of heat after a few minutes), and - this is the most cool and most useless thing - the pony light side mirrors. They project the pony logo on the ground (visible at night). My kids love it. Makes me smile. Some might think it's silly, but, it's just cool-factor! Like the handling, the info screen between the gauges, lots of little touches.

There are several very small things I would improve. But each of these is like complaining that your brilliant super-model rich girlfriend has a freckle on her toe. The cruise control master switch doesn't stay on after you stop/re-start the car. The SYNC system isn't the best. Example: if you were playing via bluetooth from your phone, it doesn't remember you were doing that next time you start the car. You have to either use the voice command "Bluetooth Audio", or dig through a convoluted series of menus on the dash. Why can't it just stay in the mode you were in when you last turned off the car? Seems like a simple thing... The Sync Lady thing never gets anything right.

Still a Great Fun Car!
By opensky1

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a white convertible, medium stone interior since I live at a warm beach. 50K miles with only one A/C issue so far. I retired from work in Alaska, so I want all the fresh air and sunshine I can get to make up for all the time spent indoors up in the land of the great outdoors (like most everyone I knew). This car fills the bill. Road trips are minimal in Alaska, but after 30 years of travel commuting I am staying home except for a trip to Atlanta last summer. However, I plan to go to Seattle to see my son next Spring, and maybe more trips after that. By then I will by a brand new one, probably a 2017 convertible. Mainly, this is due to all the new accident avoidance technology. Deciding between the Ecoboost and GT. If I get the Ecoboost I will get it with the performance package. Straight line acceleration above usable for merging isn't most important at my age, but good handling is always fun and practical. The open top is the main thing, and the GT noise would block out the birds singing. But, if someone doesn't have the money to buy a new one, I recommend the 2014 highly. Lots of fun for the money. It gets me to the beach for my morning walk with the early rays of sun on the water, and along the waterfront under the stars at night.