2014 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My dream car!
By parichino

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my eye on Mustangs for years and now finally bought my dream car, and not disappointed. It exceeds every expectation. LOVE THIS CAR! It's got enough umph but also enough gas mileage (averaging 24). Just the right balance. Best thing about this car is that it's super good-looking and just downright FUN FUN FUN to drive! You can't go wrong. It's not perfect in every way but still head-over-heals in love with this car! Oh, and did I mention that I love this car?

Favorite Features

Brushed-aluminum and stitched black leather combo in the interior on the premium. Mine has the comfort package with heated seats (a little weak - you feel a small bit of heat after a few minutes), and - this is the most cool and most useless thing - the pony light side mirrors. They project the pony logo on the ground (visible at night). My kids love it. Makes me smile. Some might think it's silly, but, it's just cool-factor! Like the handling, the info screen between the gauges, lots of little touches.

Suggested Improvements

There are several very small things I would improve. But each of these is like complaining that your brilliant super-model rich girlfriend has a freckle on her toe. The cruise control master switch doesn't stay on after you stop/re-start the car. The SYNC system isn't the best. Example: if you were playing via bluetooth from your phone, it doesn't remember you were doing that next time you start the car. You have to either use the voice command "Bluetooth Audio", or dig through a convoluted series of menus on the dash. Why can't it just stay in the mode you were in when you last turned off the car? Seems like a simple thing... The Sync Lady thing never gets anything right.

Great Fun Car!
By opensky1

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a white convertible, medium stone interior since I live at a warm beach. I work in Alaska, so I want all the fresh air and sunshine I can get when home. This car fills the bill. I am also close to retirement, so plan on traveling in this a lot. Road trips are minimal in Alaska. Great on highway so far, and good mileage. I test drove a 2015 GT recently, and while it is better in most ways not sure if it still justifies price difference. I can buy a lot of gas and hotel rooms. I like the 2013 and 2014 tail lights MUCH better than the 2015 or anything else. Lots of fun for the money with a 2014.

Favorite Features

Tail lights are a major sell for me as nothing else comes close for cool. Plenty of power and great mileage to boot. Top down motoring means I hear birds singing, smells and other experiences most folks lose by isolating in A/C. This is my fifth convertible and so far, the most satisfying and smile producing. My girlfriend loves it and it gets attention everywhere. Not sure what I would gain in anything else for just one or two people. BTW I also have a Lincoln Town Car if I need more room or practical vs. fun, but it stays parked mostly.

Suggested Improvements

Standard back up camera and rear sensors. More space for keys, cell phones, etc. Windscreen. Single top latch (like the 2015). BLIS and lane departure for extras, but not necessary. Most changes addressed in 2015 model.

Happy Wife...
By rossr

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Got my wife an Ingot Silver '14 Mustang convertible a few weeks ago to replace her aging Taurus. Nothing but smiles every time she talks about it. Weather permitting, she drives everywhere with the top down and enjoys the comments she gets about her car. It is quick and smooth and the miles just melt away when going on road trips with the sun shining and the top down. Hands down the most FUN car in thirty plus years of buying cars together. Low front end caught her a few days ago when she pulled into a parking spot and drove the front end up onto a curb popping a bunch of things loose in the front end...minimum of $1050 to repair but still waiting to get it back and see the full bill.

Favorite Features

sequential LED turn signals, sound system, 3.7 V6 engine, blue tooth

Suggested Improvements

Memory drivers seat

My 5.0 GT Premium Convertible 6 Speed
By corvettekev

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

There she was - 5.0 vert with a 6 speed, loaded, white with a black roof and interior. The car is very spritely, almost go kart like, especially after trading in a Hemi Challenger. She rides on rails, stops on a dime and is jack rabbit quick. The interior fit me better than the SS and sight lines are better in the GT. The interior, its comfortable & ergonomic. It's not gadgety or gimmicky. The GT is more suited to a 50+ year old than the SS. Wrap up - For me, it's a great choice with no regrets. Enjoy the ride.

Favorite Features

- Brembo brakes - AWESOME - 19 inch black rims really set the car off - Terrific ergonomics - Better than expected visibility - Keep in mind I had the Challenger which had possibly the worst blind spot ever.. - Great acceleration, brakes and steering. - There are SO MANY post buy upgrades and places to get the stuff from, its not funny. There also club and forum support. Things to keep in mind - This is not a 4 true seater unless your back seaters are liliputians. It's a 2+2 and for short jaunts, it's not bad - Trunk - its small

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust is way too tame. A Roush axle back took care of that. For this price point, HOW ABOUT HEATED SEATS with the leather? The guages need to be scrolled thru. How about a stack like the SS/RS? Small trunk and back seat - But we knew that going in..

2014 Mustang Convertible
By ray626

2014 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wow ! Driving a 2014 V6 Convertible around Central Florida is FUN ! There are compromises - V6 for regular gas, automatic tranny more practical when I4 is a parking lot. BUT - this car hugs the road, loves curves, accelerates & brakes smoothly. I enjoy the handling as much as my wife appreciates the smooth ride. Still learning to use the SYNC, but I'm getting there.

Favorite Features

The convertible is awesome ! The styling of the car, the LED lights, the handling - spot on.

Suggested Improvements

Suggestions - give me 2 cars for the price of 1. That's about it so far.