Used 1998 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

1998 best bang for the money.
By Jessner Lopez

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The mustang is in my opinion, a very reliable car. I have mine for 3 years before trading it in for a 2004 cobra. And till this day, I still miss my 98. It was a berry reliable automobile, and easy to work on when maintenance is needed. I would recommend the 98 model to anyone.

Hmmmmm.....
By johnp1984

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my GT with 95k, it currently has 160k and the engine is running strong. Not been as reliable as many here claim.

I only see the recall intake manifold mentioned once! That was a pain in the butt to replace. It hasn't been all that bad, just little annoying stuff going wrong here and there, for example.....x4 O2 sensors, all 4 calipers and rotors replaced, new intake manifold(coolant leak), door hinge, cruise control went out, lower control arms, ball joints, and recently the steering column.

Like i said not all that bad, but people on here are praising it as being soooo reliable, it is a 3 at best as far as build quality reliablitly people!

Ok now the good, solid power from the v8, reliable engine. looks good. gas mileage OK for a v8. i get 18/26 with an auto trans. and driving conservatively.

better build quality, not sure which cheap POS part will need replacing next. better handling would be nice. limited slip diff etc....

The dream I never knew existed!
By LUCKY LORI

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I drove by an dealership & saw this black mustang that caught my eye. I asked to see it, the guys started it and i fell in love! The rumble beats a Harley & I can drive a car! lol This was my 15 yr daughter's dream car and I had no idea until I heard that rumble there is no sweeter sound. She is fast and furious and is a great car. I had male friends want to race etc at my age lol so i got chrome that says "size matters" and put it under the GT 4.6LT on the side it looks like it was made that way and in the back window reads in vinyl "STEP ASIDE BOYS" This has been fun! Like no other car I have had! worried about the snow, heard they are bad in snow! This is a must have car! It's awesome!

THE RUMBLE and the leather seats

Cup holder and wider factory tires

Sweet Ride
By cyanide

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bright red, lowered, custom exhaust, headlights, rims, was the best car I ever bought. I even had 4 trophies won from 4 differnt car shows I took her to. Then March of this year 2010, some moron pulled out in front of me. The radiator met the motor and my custom cold air intake splintered under the hood. I wasnt injured! They are built as tough as the look. I miss her everyday, buy one! You will never look back! :)

Styling

car needed to come with 3 in exhaust, standard! but it didn't. other than that no improvements needed

My Dream!
By 98GT

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

im currently 16 years old. i have wanted a mustang since i was 8 years old. i never even considered anything else. and im glad i didnt.. i originally was looking at a 2006 black mustang V6 with an automatic transmission and leather seats but i ended up buying almost the exact opposite. i have a white 1998 mustang with a V8, a manual tranny, and cloth seats and i still love it. this car is everything a teenage boy probably shouldnt have. but i honestly believe that u can get yourself just as dead in a V6 as u can in a V8. this car is what i always dreamt of. i love the smooth shifts, the mach audio, and how i can spin tires by barely giving it any gas at all. this car has the power!

all power. the pony power under the hood.. i put new flowmasters and coldair intake on it. i love that V8 sound. its amazing. my cousin has a 1965 fastback and we have compared them and even though the classic wins everytime, mine still comes close.

headlights stink. im puttin new ones on soon, i hope they help. and the cupholders arent functional at all..especially with a 5 speed.