1997 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Awsome Car!

1997 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Awsome Car!
By Jon P. on

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been my nice weather car since I bought it back in 97. The performance is what you'd expect from a Mustang and fuel economy was actually good. I put a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust and Hypertech power programmer on the car and is much faster than stock. The reliability has been good except for some minor brake and radiator problems. Probably spent around $600 in repairs since owning it. I really like the styling on the interior and the front seats are pretty comfortable. the manual trans has been good and no problems, just replaced clutch once. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and hope the 06 Mustang I'm buying this spring will be just as good a car as this one.

Favorite Features

The engine of course. Fast sprints to 60, awesome donuts in parking lots and very reliable engine as well. The radio is decent for being stock. i like driving the 5 speed, it's a lot of fun. Flowmaster exhaust, a fairly cheap upgrade, makes car rumble really nicely.

Suggested Improvements

Not much negative comments to say. The brakes seem to wear a little fast but that's basically it.