2014 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great Ride!
By dagnab on 08/30/14 15:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded 2009 Fusion SEL for 2014 SE and love it. It is the Ecoboost model and get great mileage and power plus the great ride!!

Excited for our New Ford Fusion 2014
By lschuh on 08/05/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We are very excited about our purchase of the 2014 Ford Fusion. I had thought that our next vehicle would be a compact SUV, but seeing the Fusion out on the road and then at the dealership I knew that this was going to be our next car. Wonderful price for what you are getting!

Upset about problem
By pdmartin on 07/31/14 01:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have noticed over the past couple of months that I am having a problem with a waxy material running down over my headlights. I had the service manager from the local Ford dealer take some pictures and send them to Ford Canada. I did not hear of any results until a number of other new Ford owners started coming in with the same problem. It is a problem that is not unique to the Fusion, but is apparently happening to several 2014 models. After a few weeks and several phone calls to the dealer they informed me that Ford is using this waxy material as a form of rustproofing on the inside of the front fenders. When the temperature goes up this stuff is melting and running down over the lights.

Never fail to impress
By kingkole02 on 07/28/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven Fusion's before and they never fail to impress me. I would choose this vehicle over several in the model comparision. Althought I find the new seat design an issue. I just could not get comfortable in the car for the first several miles. Luckily this was not a road trip vehicle for me.

Love it so far
By jordan122011 on 07/25/14 00:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really thought I needed an SUV, but this car won me over. I have owned an older Fusion in the past that was ok. It's roomy yet gets great gas mileage. I average 32mpg highway and coming from larger vehicles that is awesome to me.

1.5 L Ecoboost SE
By bharp61308 on 07/09/14 11:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my 2014 Ford Fusion SE 1.5L Ecoboost! I just happened to be at a Ford Dealership with a friend picking up her car that was serviced when I first saw the 2014 Ford Fusion. It's sportiness caught my eye amongst all the other cars on the show room floor. I was shocked when I found out it was a Ford Fusion. This dealership also sell Lincoln etc. I test drove the Infiniti G37, Mercedes C300, BMW 328I, Acura TSX and TL and others. The 2014 Ford Fusion was the first car that I immediately fell in love with! I was amazed at all the features I was able to get for my budget of under $35k. leather, sunroof, mytouch with nav,rear camera, heated seats, parking assist, etc.

Great car
By burninrubba on 06/18/14 19:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 1.6 with the manual transmission. I love the Sync, the voice commands work so well, you can say the complete address all at once and it understands 95% of the time. Very comfortable ride and very quite. The only thing I don't like is the MPG, I do a lot of highway driving and I can't average more than 28, and I'm not driving hard. The car only has 3,000 miles, hopefully the MPGs will improve over time. Overall I'm very impressed, it's a lot of car for $30K.

Rented an SE 2.0 (not Titanium)
By skw0123 on 06/04/14 22:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2014 Fusion was a fabulous surprise (I'm a 2010 Fusion SE owner). The ragged 3.0 V6 and balky six speed automatic on my old car made me wonder how good the Fusion new drivetrain could be, but words can hardly begin...granted I did get the top of the line engine choice, but the automatic was absolutely superb as well. The next great surprise was the ride. My old Fusion rides like a buckboard in comparison...all the other midsize car manufacturers should stop what they're doing and just copy the Fusion's setup. Handling seemed sharp even with the well-damped ride...it really is outstanding.

One great car!
By pugman1948 on 05/27/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 Ford Fusion S (2.5) in ruby red Metallic paint. Although new car search engines don't show the premium red on the S model, indeed it is available. I saved a lot over the SE but lack some of the SE bells and whistles like power front seat, and rear view camera. The only visible difference on the exterior is the rocker panels are black vinyl which works very well with the red. At 1500 miles we took a 2000 mile trip. I kept careful records of the mileage. It seems that the results were 35 mpg highway and 26 city. I was very pleased with the results with the 2.5 liter base engine. It had plenty of power driving over the mountains of West Virginia The ride is incredibly smooth.

im MAD
By tami14 on 05/27/14 08:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just got a brand new 2014 fusion. This weekend we took her on her first trip, 200 miles down to Vriginia Beach. An hour in, the transmission slipped and sent the tachomenter racing. Took my foot off the gas to let it catch again. It kept doing this, especially on inclines. I was very scared. Then a wrench icon popped up. Great, in I95 traffic with a brand new yet screwed up car. Well, didnt do much on my vacation in fear of breaking down. Driving back I only allowed myself to go 60mph, even in a 65mph zone, because I didn't want to break down. It worked. Also when I am at a red light, the car shudders and wants to stall. This started a month ago.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$162 per month*