Used 2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Ford cant build or fix their cars! DON'T DO IT!
By McGovern

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have brought my brand new vehicle in at least seven times(probably more) in roughly two years. That is absolutely unacceptable for a new car. I have outlined the major issues below that I've brought my vehicle into the dealership for. I can't trust this car to be reliable in the future, would you? At this point, I am fed up and on the verge of trading this car in and I will never recommend Ford to anyone. The regional area managers keep referring me back to their dealerships and they can't seem to correct the numerous issues with their product. All I've gotten from Ford is a Premium Care Extended Service Plan for 5yrs 75k for all of this....thanks for nothing! There's obviously issues with Ford and their designs/quality. The 635f transmission on this especially look it up it shouldn't even be out there but shows how much they care. Here's the list of my troubles with this:

On February 5, 2015 - My vehicle was leaking transmission fluid at 6,412 miles. The front axle shaft assembly needed to be replaced.

February 21, 2015 - Transmission was making a grinding noise, shifts rough randomly usually 1st to 2nd, flares shifting when cold, slams into gear from park to reverse randomly.(said couldn't reproduce problem)

May 16, 2015 - Weather stripping on rear door was loose and the p/s wheel well cover was loose due to missing pins.

June 16, 2015 - Light sensor was inoperable at 9,255 miles. (had them check transmission for same above...same answer)

July 11, 2015 - Brought vehicle in for power steering recall. Mileage display faded in areas when hot inside (had them check transmission for same above...same answer. Now also can't replicate mileage display problem....)

Feb 20th - Rear headliner hanging down.The audio speaker on the passenger side makes a vibrating noise during certain bass frequencies. The dealership disconnected it and then plugged it back in and they were not able to correct the issue. Reset ACM for trans helped for about one week......

May 7th - Passenger side speaker now sounding consistently terrible when wet and cold. Speaker was replaced. (had them check transmission for same above...same answer. Now also can't replicate mileage display problem....)

I may have forgotten some of the pointless visits but as you can see 7 here that are legit things that had to be fixed and I'm at around 16,000 miles and I still have issues lingering especially this jerky transmission they say is fine. Says it all....

transmission or motor
By Diana

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission and motor are both unreliable and poor after a certain amount of time and the air bag light with out a reason

Black Thunder
By Terrell Williams

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had quite and experience with buying my first car. Make sure that you check the car inside and out. Test drive it to make sure you feel comfortable driving it. I bought the car not realizing it was bigger than I thought but, over over the car was a beauty. Unfortunately the transmission was bad so I traded it in. But, over all the car was very nice.

Transmission Woes
By SyracuseSteve

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove quite a few cars before I bought my 1 owner 2014 Fusion Titanium with 25,000 miles on it (still under Ford's 3/36000 warranty) for a killer price. The car was very comfortable, peppy for a 4 cylinder and has a nice ride. The car performed well on my test drive and when I picked it up to take it home and about 20 miles from the dealer I bought it from it began behaving erratically, losing power and then shifting back into gear before the little wrench lite came on telling me to get to a dealership quickly. (The used car dealer I bought it from has been far more supportive than Ford and even offered to return my money and sell me something else while they deal with Ford, but I really liked the car and foolishly opted to deal with Ford myself) I arrived after the service department had closed so I asked about a loaner to get me home. I was told service has the loaners and they're closed. They helped me find the number to a car rental place, but the only one open was about 15 miles away and didn't deliver. After resigning myself to the fact I was probably just going to sleep in the car in the lot until morning and telling the supervisor the same they freed up someone to drop me off at the rental car place. I wish I had thought to just take a taxi home, but I was pretty stressed and frustrated and wasn't thinking as clearly as normal.

The next day the dealership called and said 5th gear is out, but it's covered under the warranty. Great! Then came "It may take up to 30 days to get parts". I specifically asked and was told this car is not one of the ones affected by the transmission recall. They asked me if I wanted it fixed or if I wanted to take my car with no 5th gear. Hmmm, think I'll wait for it to be drive-able again rather than risk getting stuck on the side of the road. I authorized them to start the repair and asked again about covering a rental or loaner and they said they would have to pull the transmission first and break it down to figure out what they needed then Ford would decide whether or not I get a loaner or rental approved. They said it would take two days for the removal and breakdown. When I followed up they asked for two more days. When I followed up again they couldn't even tell me if they had pulled the transmission yet and asked me to keep my rental for 3 more days, probably on my dime, while they worked on it. So after having the car a week they apparently have done an initial diagnostic and nothing more. Wishing I would have just taken my check back at this point and bought something else as I have dwindling faith they will manage to get it fixed correctly any time this month.

Fusion Warranty Failure!
By Will never buy another Ford

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2014 Fusion used with almost 40,0000 miles. I now have 74,0000 and the transmission has slipped sick I've had it and it finally seized. The manufacturer warranty is only 64,000 miles so I now have to pay $4,000 and it has been in the shop for more than 2 weeks. Lots of other 2014 Fusions have a transmission recall but mine did not so it's my responsibility. The delearship that sold me the car sold me an extended warranty with everything BUT power train coverage in my contract BUT the pamphlet they provided the sales associate circled transmission rebuild coverage so neither Ford or the delearship will take responsibility.