2012 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2012 fusion built as well as the 1959 fairlane
By dvenesky on 12/28/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this car is of the same build as the 1959 ford fairlane 500 that i owned years ago. but it has updated technology that makes it a great buy in the market today. very limber on curves for a 4 dr serdan and very quiet. traded my malibu ltz for it and glad i did as it rides much better on long trips and handles better as well . no a lick of trouble in 10 months . love the car

The Great Disappointment
By shutupnrock8 on 09/30/12 17:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm not one to sugar coat a review, so I'll get right to the point and the reasoning behind the title of my review. I have been an owner of a 2012 Ford Fusion SE for about 5 months now, and needless to say I have very strong mixed feelings about it. Being the first sedan I was going to own, previously owning a 2000 Chrysler Voyager, I wanted a new roomy, sleek, and fuel efficient sedan in which I was pleased at first with the Fusion. After driving for awhile, I've noticed that I've been going to the pump almost twice as much as my Chrysler. I have done two extensive tests to find out my Fusion is only getting a combined 15.5 MPG. This on top of other nagging issues is making me very unhappy.

This is a great car all-around, and a great value.
By petezxr on 09/17/12 19:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car a few weeks ago as a commuter car, although it is larger than I wanted but I got a great price, way below MSRP. I've been driving it to work every day and I've avg 32 mpg in 50% traffic, that is AWESOME for a car of this size. The satellite radio is great and the sound quality is awesome. My ride to work is a dream, I really enjoy driving this car to - everywhere and my other car is a JAGUAR!

So Far So Good!
By slocruising on 05/24/12 00:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my SE Fusion model in May 2012, and was pleasently suprised! I traded in an '03 Cadillac Deville DTS for it, and let me tell you about the differences!!! The Caddy is a definite freeway cruiser, power everything, and leather for miles, but don't hope for anything that even resembles good gas mileage, because you won't get it! Lots of power, but you pay for it! And with 70K miles on it, things were starting to go wrong with it. Put it like this: If I was going to do a round trip from my house to the Ford dealer and back, it would use almost 1/2 tank of gas, and that's a 50 mile round trip! When I bought the Fusion, and drove home, the gas guage didn't even budge!

Great Car For Price, Poor Interior Ergonomics
By scruffdude on 05/22/12 18:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really liked my Fusion. I have as a company car and it replaced a Malibu. Better driving, more responsive, decent milage. And it looks good. My issue is the poor design of the seat/dash area. I drive an average of 2,000 miles/mo and after a year I ended up with shoulder issues. The seat does not allow you to adjust to sit upright and the bucket is too narrow, forcing you to round forward as you drive. Too bad, I liked the car. Moving up to an SUV.

Downsized to a Fusion and Lovin' Every Minute of It!
By andybobandy on 10/13/11 18:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new Ford 2012 Fusion SE 4cy with Sun & Sync, spoiler, Candy Red Color and now I have almost 1100miles on it. I truly am amazed by the smooth quiet ride on this car under $25K. This is my first ever Ford, and if it's reliable, I will no longer be a Chevy/GMC girl. I am averaging 27mpg driving 60/20/20 (rural, hwy, city). Costs about 43.00/wk for me to fill up and run on. I dont drive too slow and only sometimes too fast lol. What sold me on the car was the cost of the car, the roomy and accomadating interior, the smooth and quiet ride, fuel economy, and all the tech features. I now can leave my Iphone in my purse as it's all handsfree (music, calls, info)

2012 SE V6. Much better than my '06 Fusion, in some areas.
By robhlittle on 09/15/11 07:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My first Ford Fusion was a 2006 SEL V6, which I got in the summer of '09 with 60k miles. Let me say, it had an amazing ride, sound system, nice leather and decent fuel economy. I did not have one problem with it at all until 108k miles when it died in the middle of rush hour. Engine coils went out, causing many other things to go wrong. Short story, traded out. Got 5 grand for it (amazing because of the body work it needed from an accident i didn't fix and 2600 worth of engine repairs). Traded for a 2012 SE V6 with the Sun & Sync package and Monochrome appearance package. Amazing drive feel and ride. Very satisfied so far. I do miss my 06 though, it had leather and a much better audio system

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*