Used 2012 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Still love it three years in
By cottre22

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got my 2012 Ford Fusion almost exactly three years ago (end of January 2012). The last time I purchased a car before the Ford was a 2005 Honda Civic. I bought the Civic for affordability but I was never really that into it. I love my Fusion. The best thing about it is the pickup. That's something that you notice when you're coming from a Civic. The Fusion has 175 hp minimum (depending on your model) and so it's easy to get up to speed when getting on the highway. My car is FWD but it handles okay in the snow. It's bigger and sturdier than my Civic so it doesn't slide around the road as much every time the wind blows. The "L" gear has also come in handy for getting out of snow banks.

Favorite Features

I love the Bluetooth. It's nice being able to hook up Pandora via my phone to the radio using Bluetooth. The pickup again is awesome. I'm still enchanted with my car three years into ownership. Every time I get into my vehicle, I'm like, wow this is my car!

Suggested Improvements

I got disenchanted with the SYNC navigation system. Ford got me lost when going from my hotel in Cleveland to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. Also, the darn thing can barely understand anything I say. Honestly, I just started using Google Maps again at one point. The only problems I've had with the car I caused. I ran over a barrier in a parking lot and then my engine started making a lot of noise. I took it in and the mechanics were able to get the engine noise down although couldn't see any real damage to the vehicle. I guess I knocked a belt out of alignment or something.

Such a shame
By tbowen

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2009 Ford Fusion I adored. Started having some issues at 105,000 so I traded for the 2012 Fusion. Man did they ruin a wonderful car with the changes. I hate the weak underpowered 4 cylinder in it. Gas mileage is about 28 mpg overall. Seats are hard and uncomfortable. The worst part is the transmission problems they can't seem to fix in the newer Fusions. It slips, shifts hard and jerks you, shudders trying to go up a hill etc. Had it in the shop and told after a computer update that it will fix itself! What a joke. AVOID this car!

Favorite Features

Loved the looks and interior set up

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission! Make the seats softer! Give the 4 cylinder engine more power.

2012 fusion built as well as the 1959 fairlane
By dvenesky

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

this car is of the same build as the 1959 ford fairlane 500 that i owned years ago. but it has updated technology that makes it a great buy in the market today. very limber on curves for a 4 dr serdan and very quiet. traded my malibu ltz for it and glad i did as it rides much better on long trips and handles better as well . no a lick of trouble in 10 months . love the car

Favorite Features

sync is fabulous , as compared to gm on star . voice communication is wonderful and easy to use. no longer waiting for an on star operator to answer. sync is direct

Suggested Improvements

only one improvement needed . and i would gladly pay for it , on the sync 202 pkg please add the outside , ambient temperature on the display. i miss this feature very much. its only available on the 302 package but is sorely missed.

The Great Disappointment
By shutupnrock8

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm not one to sugar coat a review, so I'll get right to the point and the reasoning behind the title of my review. I have been an owner of a 2012 Ford Fusion SE for about 5 months now, and needless to say I have very strong mixed feelings about it. Being the first sedan I was going to own, previously owning a 2000 Chrysler Voyager, I wanted a new roomy, sleek, and fuel efficient sedan in which I was pleased at first with the Fusion. After driving for awhile, I've noticed that I've been going to the pump almost twice as much as my Chrysler. I have done two extensive tests to find out my Fusion is only getting a combined 15.5 MPG. This on top of other nagging issues is making me very unhappy.

Favorite Features

Comfortable and roomy interior, stylish exterior

Suggested Improvements

An estimated MPG gauge or meter on the dashboard

This is a great car all-around, and a great value.
By petezxr

2012 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car a few weeks ago as a commuter car, although it is larger than I wanted but I got a great price, way below MSRP. I've been driving it to work every day and I've avg 32 mpg in 50% traffic, that is AWESOME for a car of this size. The satellite radio is great and the sound quality is awesome. My ride to work is a dream, I really enjoy driving this car to - everywhere and my other car is a JAGUAR!

Favorite Features

Everything, and MPG!

Suggested Improvements

A mute button.