Very impressed so far.
By aaronj1159 on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had this car for about a week, so I can't provide much information on long-term success yet. However I'm so happy with the initial quality and fuel economy results of this car. I commute almost 80 miles a day in a mountainous, and recently colder region, and getting over 41 MPG straight away in those conditions is wonderful in my opinion. I'm also not driving the car as conservatively as I could. The bonus is that I've seen so many people turn their heads as I go by, and I've had multiple strangers compliment the vehicle. The ride is very comfortable and steady, and to this point at least, I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Favorite Features
I chose to skip out on a lot of the additional features such as the driver's assist package and navigation. The only options I opted for were the Luxury and Technology packages. That being said, I highly recommend them. The dune leather interior seems to expand the space and feels very luxurious. My Ford Touch, as many have said, has a learning curve. But already I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I love that the back seats are capable of folding completely down (which is not something a lot of hybrids offer). My favorite feature though, would have to be the car's presentation. Inside and out, it's a beautiful car. I also don't feel that it sacrifices much performance to get fantastic MPG.
Suggested Improvements
Frankly, I think the only improvement I could suggest at this time is what to put on the sticker. I think some mention should be made that MPG results will vary based on the type and amount of driving being done, as well as the ambient and geographical conditions. When I leave for work in the early morning and it's about 20 degrees (F), I don't get results as good as the afternoon return trips at 45-50 degrees. At least, this is the case in my vehicle.