2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2011 Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (10 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Melbourne Florida
By aebner1

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL and loved it. After 93000 miles I decided to trade it on a 2012 Fusion Hybrid. Wife and I looked at Prius Hybrid but thought the interior looked cheap and my wife and I decided we like the comfort the Fusion offered, plus 0-60 in 8.6 second instead of 12 seconds for the Prius. Fusion is very fast off the line. Good for passing. We bought the car the 4th of July and are learning how to maximize gas milege. We average 39 mpg over all. Today I got 45.9 mpg on 45 to 55 miles an hour driving. Some people said they get 36 average. My wife was hesitant about buying a hybrid at first but now is a believer in hybrid. We both like all the bells and whistles.

Most satisfying car I've owned
By rahenige

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

14-months after initial purchase, I have had no problems with the car. I have kept track of all fuel purchases and long-term fuel mileage is 37 mpg, mostly commuting (app. 17 miles in Boston area). Fuel economy is better in warmer weather: over 43 mpg for one tank in July. Cold weather, snow and rain decrease fuel economy (28 mpg for one tank in January) since the engine is on longer to maintain operating temperature (and heat the car). Options include moonroof, leather seats, navigation system, Sirius radio, Sony sound system, 10GB jukebox, BLInd Spot Sensor, backup camera

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, blue tooth phone support, 10GB jukebox, Sirius radio, navigation system

Suggested Improvements

None

9 Month and very satisfied.
By wilcox

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

QUIET. Currently avg. 41.0 mpg. Lower numbers in winter, higher in spring. Drives fine - will scoot if asked to. Comfortable and good climate controls. Good stereo. Love blind spot system and dash displays. I drive rather non-aggressively. It has everything on it and it all works great. The triple tri-coat white makes the vehicle look outstanding. Classy looking even if it is a plentiful Ford...

Favorite Features

CVT transmission, display, fuel economy feedback, self dimming rear view mirror, no cap gas tank, unique styled hybrid spoked wheels, access in and out, leather seat comfort (stone color), good visibility, brakes, and Sony sound system. Changing oil is easy with it's design under neath. We have not fully used sync or navigation system yet. Have not tried to plug in our cell phone either. In 15 mile city trips in evening we receive 50+ mile per gallon readings often. For the truth!

Suggested Improvements

Monochromatic self dimming side mirror (like Lincoln MKZ has). In addition, Mud flaps, larger Trunk Organizer, and hydraulic Hood opener cylinder system to replace crude manual hood prop-rod (all which I've purchased and installed after market). How about a 60 month bumper to bumper warranty? Perhaps the MKZ may be a better vehicle but it costs more...

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Drivers Ultimate Bliss
By csavas

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Day 60 of ownership of my new 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I have owned Chevy's exclusively all my life, and always have loved them. Started researching new cars, innovative, stylish, technology, and "good" gas mileage. After 8 weeks of visiting dealers, test drives, I convinced myself to make the jump to Ford, all because of the Fusion Hybrid. All I can say, "I'm Lovin It", and I'm not speaking about the Golden Arches, but rather the Blue Oval Badge. This car is AmaZing. Stylish, nice lines beautifully revealed by the Tri-Platinum White color. So quiet, so smooth, it's like a magic carpet ride cruising down the highway. Technology beaucoup, and plenty of power, with super handling. "Own One"

Favorite Features

Being a technology nut, even though I'm 56, it was definitely a contributing factor(s) to my purchase. SYNC- traffic, nav, color weather radar (real time). Voice activation almost everything, including climate. Backup camera with superior resolution. BLIS - blind spot avoidance! Auto variable windshield wiper speed according to rain intensity. Unbelievable navigation system, with real time traffic via SiriusTraffic Link. Actually it has very comfortable seats too. Oh yeah, 12 speaker Sony Sound System with your own JukeBox feature. My 90 year old Dad can't believe the car and loves the technology everytime he is with me. Instrument panel layout, design, and info so cool too. Lots of info!!!!

Suggested Improvements

-Auto seat positioning with entry / exit. -Mirror illuminated turn signals from front & back -Rear Seat Area a/c & heat outlets -A dedicated area and mount for "speedpasses" auto pay toll booth features, & perhaps actually built in! -Remote Bi-Directional Start standard -Front sensors and camera to help with head on parking to avoid curbs and hood/bumper strikes with obstacles or other cars. Camera could activate at 2 miles per hour or less in drive.

Finally, A Winner
By singsong

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've stayed away from American branded cars for many years for obvious reasons. Owned a few Hondas between dear wife and me - never been impressed with those either. My latest ride is a Hyundai Santa Fe. Liked it just fine. Now I can boldly say that I love my 2011 Fusion Hybrid! Have had it for a month now and just loving it. The ride is comfortable, quiet with plenty of gadgets and great A/C and no lack of passing power when needed. Test-drove the Sonata Hybrid and was disappointed with all but the looks. Glad I picked the Fusion.

Favorite Features

The Sync, the gas mileage, the cool A/C, the good sound system, the great handling. Ford even paid attention to minor details like the tires. I was surprised to see Michelin tires on the ride. The Sonata Hybrid on the other hand had no-name tires and not even a donut spare tire (tsk, tsk)!

Suggested Improvements

The skin is getting dated. Needs a new look.

Great Car
By rahenige

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first car from a US company (all previous cars have been German or Japanese, most recently a Honda Accord Hybrid). I've had the car since Jan. 4, 2011. Fuel mileage started out at 28mpg due to cold weather and snow in the Boston area. Now that spring has arrived, the car averaged 39.0mpg for the last tankful (based on 513 trip miles divided by 13.2 gallons to refuel). Overall fuel economy is 34.1mpg (156 gallons for 5,330 miles). I expect this to continue to improve throughout spring, summer and into next fall. Power from 2.5L I4 is adequate, although not as good as the 3.0L V6 in my HAH. Handling is good, but again not as crisp as in the HAH. Fuel economy is about 50% better.

Favorite Features

This car has the navigation system with 7-inch display, backup camera and Sony sound system with 10GB jukebox for storing up to 2,600 songs. User interface is very intuitive and easy to use. Hands-off use is possible with Bluetooth enabled phones which is a great safety feature.

very nice car!
By rebelemtp

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

read the reviews here before buying this car. bought the car May 2010. Love this car! only had one problem with a sencior in passager seat for the air bag, for the passager side. fixed and no problems. the syc, doesn't work with all phone's, not with iPhone, or some droid's. the mpg are good real good. like other review's to get the best mpg, get the car up to the speed posted quick and cruze. trying to speed up real slowly will not increase your mpg. up to 35.8 mpg avg. highest to date was 36.0 mpg. letting the car idle to warm up in the winter will cut your mpg. so no warm up's in the cold days and your mpg will not go down. We are very happy with this car and very glad we got it.

Favorite Features

love all the little things that came with our car.

Very Happy With My Choice!
By wrightkl

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First - fuel economy - I have carefully tracked every fill-up and after 3 mo./3400 miles cumulative economy is 35.8 mpg (the display is 3% optimistic and shows 36.9). Outside temperature makes a big difference. At 70 deg. I get 40 mpg and at 25 deg. I get 33. The ride is enjoyable and very quiet, even in the gasoline mode. The transmission was a happy surprise - the CVT eliminates that shifting feeling and acceleration (of which there is plenty) just feels better. Interior is classy - I have the Smokestone leather seats (along with the Steel Blue Metallic exterior, which is a nice combination). Only reason I have a 4 for build quality was two small items which the dealer handled - no biggie.

Favorite Features

1. The fuel management display - there are four modes from which to choose. I chose the "Empowered" mode, which is the most detailed, and selected to show the mpg bar graph (instead of the famous tree with green leaves) The setup really helps you understand what is going on as regards mpg. 2. The Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). 3. Overall looks and execution.

Suggested Improvements

1. Trunk space - it is OK (I can pack my gear for a long business trip inside it) but the hybrid battery does restrict it somewhat. 2. Gave a 4 on Value since hybrids are pricey - it's just a fact of life. However, the design and performance go a long way towards justifying the price. If you are looking for a sharp, well-thought out sedan with outstanding fuel economy, you need to consider this vehicle. - other than that, great value in terms of quality and performance.

First Time Buyer
By Mark

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first opportunity to by a HY car and my first ever Ford. So far after 3 months both have been great. The buying experience was painless and the car is wonderful to drive. My kids even think itís cool to see the trees grow! Smart buy for the cost and the cost savings on gas.

Favorite Features

Sync system around good idea and the ride is nice

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space

Pleasantly Surprised
By Vietvet

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I stopped by a dealer to take another look at the Fusion Hybrid. I wanted to make sure this was the car I wanted even though I had thoroughly researched the vehicle on Edmunds. The car in stock had just rolled off the transporter and happened to be exactly what I intended to eventually buy. After test driving the car I decided to buy it on the spot. I was expecting to get 30/38 city/highway. I've had the car about three weeks now and have been getting 41 city and 40 highway. This is outstanding for a car this comfortable and quiet. Recently drove a new BMW 3 series turbo diesel and believe the Fusion is more comfortable and handles about 98% as well as the BMW. It's the best car I've owned.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are many. The display is absolutely amazing and provides great information. Sync is extremely easy to use and truly makes using the phone while driving as safe as having a conversation with a passenger. I Love the CVT transmission and Atkinson Cycle Engine; very refined.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they could have saved a little more trunk space but this has not been a problem thus far. Everything else has been flawless.